• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. HondaType

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Until Honda confirm more detail of what it will cost it's just hearsay and speculation. I have the original receipt for my DC2 from nearly 17 years ago. It cost over £20k. In todays money that's probably not too far off £30k. In this price bracket there's a lot of competition but I'm sure Honda...
  2. HondaType

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Really? Its a performance Honda engine, I'm sure it'll be good. I'm more interested to know the weight of the car and the chassis and suspension setup.
  3. HondaType

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Thats incredible! I take it thats mainly motorway driving for the clutch to have lasted so long? When you say last serviced 110k miles ago, does that mean nothing at all?!
  4. HondaType

EP3 vs FN2 vs DC5

To the OP, my advice would be pick up a tidy, FSH, low mileage 55 plate Premier for £7k. I've taken a look on Pistonheads and generally, £10k gets you an 03-05 plate DC5 with 50-70k miles. You can pick up FD2's for £14k with 20k miles. I've driven all three and if your saying the differential...
  5. HondaType

EP3 vs FN2 vs DC5

In financial terms is it £4k better than a UK car though. If money and running costs were no option, fine. But the only JDM car I'd go for is an FD2 as you get four doors!
  6. HondaType

EP3 vs FN2 vs DC5

I do wonder if most people would actually notice the difference between a JDM EP3 and a UK EP3. In all honesty I bet the additional 15bhp and the LSD would be lost on most. I bought a 30th anniversary four years ago and still think its brilliant. Would I sell it for a DC5.... No, because they...
  7. HondaType

49,888 on my 52 plate, 30th Anniversary now.
  8. HondaType

Cheap tyres, post 'em here.

Hi mate I've used Martins Tyres in West End for quite a few years. It's a couple of hundred meters down Brentmoor road. Cheers
  9. HondaType

Gruppe M and Spoon Catback...

I've got the Gruppe M and Spoon N1 and B-pipe on my Milano 30th. I don't find it too bad on the motorway, it's noisy when you start the car from cold but it doesn't bother me on the motorway.
  10. HondaType

30th AE owners tip your hat here..

30th anniversary Milano owner
  11. HondaType

S2000 & NSX ep3 to s2000

Funnily enough a car that floats and turns into a speed boat is not a requirement for my next car. For £12-£13k you get a much newer, lower mileage S2000 than you would a Boxster which has a similar level of performance. I did think about a Boxster but then you get Porsche servicing costs...
  12. HondaType

S2000 & NSX ep3 to s2000

They are both great engines and I'm still very keen on getting an S2000. I wouldn't say I got out feeling disappointed it just wasn't as responsive as the K series. But then the handling was great, the gearbox has an amazing shift and I love the shape of them.
  13. HondaType

S2000 & NSX ep3 to s2000

Out of interest what do you drive now? I test drove another S2000 last weekend but unfortunately the guy sold it mid week. I look at a DC5 as being too similar to what I have now to be able to justify paying higher insurance premiums. I agree with you that the K-series feels more willing to...
  14. HondaType

52 plate 2003 Milano 30th Anniversary 47800 miles.
  15. HondaType

I'm in Surrey not far from junction 3 of the M3. Cheers
  16. HondaType

S2000 & NSX ep3 to s2000

I was looking at moving from an EP3 to an S2000 (04+) this time last year. I've got a 30th Anniversary EP3 with Gruppe M and Spoon catback and low mileage which has been maintained regardless of cost, always garaged and has been an absolute joy to own. It has cost me considerably less to run and...
  17. HondaType

Just got two Bridgestone RE040's for my EP3 for £198 fitted. It's the best price I could find locally.
Back