• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ALCTR

75000 mile service due

hello guys, as it says im due the BIG one in the next 800 miles!! can anyone tell me if they change or adjust the chain on this service? i had my valve clearences checked on the last service for peace of mind really so i shouldnt need that done again unless they are going to do it anyway?? what...
  2. ALCTR

humming noise from engine bay??

hey, i was topping up the oil earlier and started the car after... when i was poking about the engine bay, looking around and generally giving it a wipe, i noticed a strange humming noise coming from behind the engine block, down the back almost near the exhaust manifold or within that area, its...
  3. ALCTR

Mintex Brakes????

Does anyone know if Mintex Brakes are any good? im needing a new set and these are popping up on ebay for £160 for a full set??
  4. ALCTR

feeling light when steering???

now guys i could be just paranoid considering the weather this far north recently and the state of some of the roads but im curious about this.... :confused: when im driving and turning the wheels, it almost feels like there is very little grip or the steering is light..... especially when...
  5. ALCTR

are these continental tyres good for my EP3?

i have aquired some brand new continental sport contact 3 tyres x4 (helps when your brother is in the tyre fitting industry):lol: i just want to know if these are a good tyre to fit to my ep3, i know they are expensive and look good but just want to make sure they are a quality tyre?? can...
  6. ALCTR

Lowering Help!!

Hi people I'm hoping I could get some advice on this! I'm thinking about lowering my ep3?? Not to sure how much I should lower it by or how to really go about getting it done! :confused: Any advice would be great :lol:
  7. ALCTR

Where to get pulleys for the EP3 engine??

As the title says guys I'm struggling to find somewhere to buy the pulleys for my car :confused: Does anyone know where I could possibly get them? Any help would really help! Thank you :)
  8. ALCTR

Squeaking from a pulley??

Guys, I have developed a noise coming from one of the pulleys on my Ep3!! I don't know which one but I'm curious to know if anyone has had this problem or knows of prices or implications of this going wrong?? It's a 54 plate if that helps! Thanks people
  9. ALCTR

Alloys Refurbed! Need the RED H for the Centre Caps!

hi guys, im getting my alloys refurbed on friday and i need to get the Red H for the centre caps! i know there is someone on here who does this but i cant remember his name!! :( any help in the right direction would be great please!!! :D thanks
  10. ALCTR

Centre Console Light

Guys i apologise if this has been asked before!! :confused: i have noticed tonight that the backlight for the rear window de-mister button on the centre console has gone out! whats the easiest way to get in and change the lamp??? apologies again if this is a common question. thanks in...
  11. ALCTR

Smoking when starting???

guys i need some advice!!! when i start up in the morning or afterwork, the exhaust is alot smokier than normal! once the engine has been running for a bit its fine, but its just on the initial start up when its bad for maybe 5-10 mins. anyone have any ideas what it might be?? :( fuel...
  12. ALCTR

speaker doesnt like bass!!!

guys i need some help!! my passenger side door speaker vibrates when i put the bass up! at the moment i have to put the majority of the sound to the rear cause the rattle it makes is frustrating!!!! my question is... whats the easiest way to get into the door panel to have a look at the...
  13. ALCTR

New Exhaust!

Im just wanting to get a few opinions on a good exhaust to buy! :D Im after a good one with a nice sound to it, so any advice would be really appreciated!!!
  14. ALCTR

shiney gear knob!

hi, ive read the How To Guide on polishing the gear knob so it comes up really shiney! but how do you get the bit where the numbers are, to also become shiney without rubbing them off?????
  15. ALCTR

The Best Sparkplugs to get???

which of the 4 plugs on this link are the best ones to get??? i dont know which ones to get:confused: http://www.carsparkplugs.com/ViewPlugs.aspx?id=792
  16. ALCTR

Service Due!!

Guys, The car is going in for a 'BIG' service!! Honda Garage Inverness has quoted me £420. :eek: im wanting to make sure the valve clearances are done because when i start the car up i can hear a very slight 'ticking' sound coming from the engine. would this be the valve...
  17. ALCTR

What Servicing is required???

hey, my ep3 has just passed 60K, should i be looking at getting it serviced? (oil change, transmission oil, valve clearance, plugs????) not sure what i need to do or what is required??:confused: cheers
  18. ALCTR

oil and radiator caps!!

hi, was curious to know what difference it makes putting spoon/mugen caps on? apart from the bling factor haha
  19. ALCTR

help!! Rev problem!

hi i have a problem when the car is idling! when i am still and press the accelerating when the revs fall back down they are dropping down way below the idle speed, its causing the car to judder and it also happens when i come up to a junction or roundabout.:confused: can anyone please...
  20. ALCTR

Rattle from under the car!!

guys can anyone please advise me on this...... my car has developed a rattle... when you are braking and you come to a stop, allowing the Revs to come back down to Idle, it rattles under the engine bay, possible just behind or in line with the front wheels!!! :confused: i was told it could...
  21. ALCTR

Hid kit?????

hi, i want to get a HID kit for my 54 plate EP3, im not sure what to look for as everything ive seen has both filaments(hi/low) in the bulb. i cant find one that just has the dipped beam, as you know the dipped and main beam are seperate!! help please!!!!!! :confused:
  22. ALCTR

Fast Road Set-Up

Hi guys, What does a Fast Road Set-Up Consist of? Whats the benifit of it? and finally how much does is cost? cheers in advance
  23. ALCTR

Earthing Kit

Hi Guys Happy New Year to you all! I need some help! I want to get an Earthing Kit for my EP3 Not only because it looks good but also my dash lights dim slightly when i turn my headlights on or use the windows!! Can anyone please tell me where to get an Earthing Kit from and a Guide to...
  24. ALCTR

confused

ive noticed in a few threads about exhausts being 'aftermarket'. im curious to know what this means and how i would know if mine was?? thanks
  25. ALCTR

does this site have a "for sale" section

im curious to know if this site had a for sale section! looking to update my car!! can anyone tell me please??? :D
  26. ALCTR

my NHB CTR

my pride and joy!!
  27. ALCTR

Main Beam Issue

Hi Guys, im having a bit of difficulty changing my main beam bulb. i have a 54 ep3 and managed to get the connector and bulb out of the light housing but the bulb doesnt disconnect from the connector like i thought it would! :rolleyes: i tried pulling it apart and it just wont budge!! do...
  28. ALCTR

Crashed my car! Help!

Hi guys, well i crashed my EP3 and i need some advice! what happened was some old woman decided to carry out a text book emergency stop on a roundabout allowing me to slide on the very wet roads that we have in scotland today and go right into the back of her! damage is..... bumper smashed...
  29. ALCTR

fog lights

hey guys i have an ep3 54 plate type r and i wanna fit fog lights to it! was curious to find out how easy it is to do? anyone able to help??????:)
  30. ALCTR

Air con refill

Hi guys, i need to get my air con charged as its not as cold as it should be!!! Ive heard of recharge kits?? How do you do it yourself or is it easier to just take it to a garage?
  31. ALCTR

Clutch noise!

hi i have an EP3 civic type r and this morning i noticed a squeeking coming from the clutch when it is depressed. i looked under the bonnet and noticed that the clutch pulling arm was the culprit!!:evil: i managed to pull the rubber gaitor back and get some WD40 in and around it and for the time...
Back