• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. scruffy_

Addition of Quick Links menu to "What's new" area of forum.

Hi, Would it be possible to add the Quick Links drop down menu to the CSS governing the "What's New" section at the top of the forum please? A la:
  2. scruffy_

Borked forum

Ah good, the forum is back from it's 12 pint lunch. :D
  3. scruffy_

Only allowed to add one YT video per post

Ahoy, As per this post, I was only allowed to add one YT video whereas before the upgrade I'm pretty sure we could add multiple posts with no dramas. If there's a reason why, then no worries. If it's a bug, then heads up. :D Cheers
  4. scruffy_

Youtu.be URL handler for [VIDEO] tags

Ahoy admins, Could you add the PHP mod for vBul that expands youtu.be URLs for video tags please? Makes sharing links off the YouTube app via mobile a smidge easier. :D
  5. scruffy_

Scruffy's 3rd Type R - Back in the USSR, actually no a Civic Type R.

Well the Teg went, shame to see it go but I'd scratched the itch and as much as you can argue it's a better driver's car than the EP3 I'd come to the end of my love with it so off it went to someone who'd love it again. Around the time it was up for sale, a forum member had his CTR up and I...
  6. scruffy_

Gone from 50 profile to 55 profile, don't like it, yuck, wah wah wah.

Hmm, who would have thought that going up from a 50 to a 55 profile tyre would have made such a difference... Was previously running 195/50/15s on a Hankook V12 tyre all round, and I've now "upgraded" to a Bridgestone RE010 on 195/55/15 and quite frankly I don't like it at all. Pressures are...
  7. scruffy_

Detailing perverts assemble! Rotary polishers, talk to me...

As per build thread, I'm looking at procuring myself a rotary polisher setup to correct some of the abuse my poor DC2 has endured over it's 12/13 years of existence. Had a quick squizz about at the various pads/compounds I'd need to get hold of, but I'm stumped as to the most suitable type of...
  8. scruffy_

Scruffy's DC2

Now, I know it's not very popular round these parts to buy a Honda these days... ...meh, there's far too much talk about non-R motors for a Type-R forum for my liking. :D Ever since I sold my EP3 this time last year: I've had a hankering to get back into something high revving and...
  9. scruffy_

Forum prob: Firefox Stay on Page/Leave Page Loop

Noticed a problem since the last forum upgrade that seems to be getting worse. It's reproducible, if you start typing a reply in the quick reply box then hit back you get a single message asking you to stay/leave. However, I've had a couple of times where I've just hit back and it's spun FF...
  10. scruffy_

MX5 - Slow, cheap, missing 3 seats, roof and ~110bhp - well at least it's Japanese.

Lifted from my build thread on MX5Nutz, here's the EP3 replacement. Split from the Mrs at New Years, and the single life is a little costlier than I was expecting. So, as an extravagance the Civic had to go. One of the most depressing Sundays of my life seeing the poor girl drive away from my...
  11. scruffy_

Tensioner pulley chatter/movement

Posted this on the other forum as it sometimes gets faster responses, guess people are more interest in hypnotism, the lottery and other such err... topics today. :rolleyes: I've noticed a noise at idle over the last couple of months which has got progressively more frequent, stuck me head...
  12. scruffy_

Pic request - Interior

Hello, Can someone furnish me with a pic of the rear quarters, minus door cards please? Detailed as you like. Cheers
  13. scruffy_

DC5 Pedals - Full How to kicking about anywhere? 100 Internet points to the finder!

As title really, but a full set of pedals from a nice forum member but didn't want to start pulling bits off the car willy nilly. I've got the full 3 pedals, not just the covers. Cheers :)
  14. scruffy_

Interior shampoo - recommendations?

Need to give the interior a bit of a wash and spruce and was wondering what people recommend. I've got some marks on the suede part of the seat that I want to get shot of, the main fabric of the seats could do with a good scrub as could my mats. Ideally something that does all 3 would be...
  15. scruffy_

Squealing up to 2k rpm

Drove in this morning, and once the engine was warm noticed the car has started t whine/squeal up to about 2000rpm. Once it's above 2000rpm it disappears... Any idea what this is? I remember reading that someone had a problem at higher RPMs with the baffles in the backbox causing a similar...
  16. scruffy_

Amp wiring - options?

Looking to wire up an amp soon with two RCA ins, powering a sub and components up front. It's not audiophile kit, so doesn't have to be ridiculously expensive cabling. Seen a couple of kits on eBay, some look good, some cheap and nasty, some ridiculously over priced etc.. Any...
Back