• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scruffy's DC2

Now, I know it's not very popular round these parts to buy a Honda these days... ...meh, there's far too much talk about non-R motors for a Type-R forum for my liking. :D

Ever since I sold my EP3 this time last year:

037.jpg

I've had a hankering to get back into something high revving and Japanese. My time in an older car (MX5, God rest it's sill rotten soul) reignited a need for some no-frills motoring. So balls to comfort (I drive sub 15 miles a day to work and back and have the spine of a spritely 31 year old), and I've always fancied one so it was on.

Search lasted about 3 months, and having just missed G's delicious UKDM at the start of the year (Fck you Lietard) I set about hunting down a loved example. Saw a couple, but nothing really ticked all the boxes. Drove up to Sheffield to inspect my first, poor thing needed some serious love but it was my first drive out in a Teg. Took 30 seconds and I was smitten. The B18 is a lively raw lump that I've always loved ever since my mate had one, and the handling. Boiing.

So anyway, having had a 350 mile round trip and a slight disappointment I walked away from the first and another turned up on another forum. Much closer to home, totally standard, obviously loved and all worrying concerns taken care of, same owner for the last decade... Winner winner, chicken dinner.

So anyway photos of the beaver:

clean_teg_right.jpg

clean_teg_left.jpg

clean_teg_front_right.jpg

clean_teg_front_left.jpg

Obligatory claying pic (ew):

IMG_0641.jpg

Plans? Well at the moment, I'm pretty happy with the way it drives and I'm of the opinion that Honda spent a long time getting it right so I'm not inclined to mess with that. Anything I do will be aesthetic, so I'm expecting a wheel refurb and a few little dings/dents taken care off and the obligatory rust scabs dealt with. Arches were rebuilt in 2010 to a good standard, but I want to get them checked out and resealed if needed when it goes in to get the above done before JAE.

Last edited by a moderator:
As expected from an older car, there are various bits and pieces that need tidying. First up, the back end of the car:

rear_overall_to_be_sorted.jpg

rear_wiper_to_be_sorted.jpg

rear_closeup_to_be_sorted.jpg

I remember reading about this in G's thread and thinking "naaah, that wouldn't bother me". <Arnie voice> Wrong. It bothers me. So...

rear_buttons_prepped.jpg

paints.jpg

Much as I love the OEM stickers on the back, the DOHC VTEC and LSD efforts are starting to look a bit tired and with shiny button covers and a wiper arm would look silly. Been hankering to give this sticker a good home since last year, so it seemed a very fitting replacement. :)

rear_buttons_sticker_done.jpg

rear_overall_minus_wiper.jpg

(wiper still drying at this point!)

Now a man possessed with spraying stuff, I did a quick walk around and pulled off the front wipers, the strut brace and the manifold heatshield. Offending items to be sorted together:

mank_to_be_sprayed.jpg

strut_left_mount_mank.jpg

strut_right_mount_mank.jpg

This'll be getting a couple of coats of VHT satin:

heatshield_mank.jpg

Looking a bit better:

heatshield_painted.jpg

wiper_arms_painted.jpg

strut_mounts_painted.jpg

And would be rude not to give the strut some AutoSol whilst the paint dries:

Strut_right.jpg

strut_left.jpg

I'll get all that back on the car tomorrow, now it's time for a beer. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the kind words all.

Forgot to mention, new plates front and back ordered. Partly because they look at bit manky, but mostly so I can lose the plinth on the front of the car in favour of a smaller square plate (still legal mind).

Also to be ordered/fitted/arriving in the near future:

New Honda badges front and back, as the current ones have gone pink. :ghey:
S2000 aerial
USDM bumper turn signals (will need to relocate side lights for this, still investigating)
Wind deflectors

Above all though, she'll be getting a fresh delivery of Silkolene and a new filter. :)

Finally Mike, been waiting for this thread since you sent us the pics. Love it mate ;)

Finally Mike, been waiting for this thread since you sent us the pics. Love it mate ;)

Cheers buddy, yeah I've been waiting for a nice day to get some decent pics taken - well and some progress to report too. :)

Lovely looking car. What's the interior like?

Ta dude. Spangly, the previous keep was meticulous. It's all standard, factory "carbon fibre" (lol) vents and gear surround and that's about it. Previous owner installed a bluetooth handsfree kit which is concealed in the ashtray. Other than that it's as Honda intended. I'll get some pics up when I get a chance.

Cheers again all. :)

Rossy - watched Homer Versus New York and Matt Groening's most hated episode, the one where Skinner is exposed to be a fraud. Two epic lines of note:

"Your plea has been... REJECTED.
You have found guilty and will be charged a small LARGE LATENESS PENALTY.
Please wait by your vehicle between the hours of 9-5 for parking Officer Steve... GRABOWSKI."

Lisa - "A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet."
Bart - "Not if they were called 'Stink Blossoms'."
Marge - "I wouldn't want a dozen 'Stink Blossoms' for Valentines Day. Some candy would do just fine."
Homer - "Not if they were called 'Scum Drops'."

Brilliance.

Nice work. Looks tasty.

Don't be too afraid of messing with it a little - when I changed to Eibachs and got a FRSU with the Buddy Club bits it reignited the whole car.

The only thing that proved a problem doing that was that the UK 15" wheels then meant it scraped on EVERYTHING. Quick change to 16" JDM wheels sorted that out though. They don't have to be red ones either.

I still totally dig my replacement, but days/weekends like we've just had are just made for the DC2 and some country roads.

If I was in a position to have a weekend car for titting about in, I'd seriously consider having another.

Airbox mod is worth doing as it costs you zilch - you just cut the resonator out. Makes an awesome noise and gives at least the impression that it flows better too.

Cheers G. Good to know that the extra kit compliments what Honda made, I must admit before I bought one I had the intention of dropping it 25mm and sticking it on 16s. Whereabouts did you scoop the bits from? I've found a couple of sets of 16s but the sellers want silly money for them (£500? really?) but I'll keep on the lookout. I'll have another read through your build thread actually.

Did you ever hear anything more from LIETARD after the collection? Pictures of it lording around the French Riviera, covered in onions, sporting a saucy beret?

Back