• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ash's Ep3 Cage fitted, cadwell trackday vid

Picked cage up from Area Motorsport today and will be having it fitted over the weekend :D

crappy photo

Nice car. Like the track day shots. I think that may be me on the pit wall with my back to the camera (first in from left in grey top).... when were they taken? Oulton Park is only a few miles down the road so I am often there...

Cheers, that last lot were taken in November think it was the 8th. I'll be there again next Friday :-D

Nice dude. I think you'll be surprised how good the car feels once the cage is fitted. I assume it will be bolted to welded on plates? It will be rigid as feck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's right 4 box/plates welded in and bolt to them, then 2 legs bolt to rear arches. Like you say should make it quite rigid. Will be a big difference for me as I don't have any added braces already

Rested the rear section in earlier just to get an idea of how it would fit. looking like the seatbelts are going to have to go at the min but will know better when the bases are in place. I was in two minds whether to take them out anyway so this just makes that decision for me.

Had a great day at Oulton Park on Friday, weather was spot on and car didn't give me any trouble really. Just a dicky 02 sensor which i've got one to replace and my offside rear caliper started to stick slightly which i hope will free up as i'm going to Cadwell this Saturday.

And here's one of the AEM cai i fitted

Got the pads to change before next saturday aswell. I'll be sticking with oem pads on the rear and undecided on the front at the min but either ds3000 or carbone lorraine rc6 i think

Looks good, gutted I missed the trackday!
How do you get on front pad life span wise?

Sorry I'm not too sure as i bought the kit second hand and never measured what the pad depth was at the time of fitting :-/ At a rough guess i'd say i knocked about 3mm off them over 2 trackdays (1 of was wet) and 1k road miles. Those pads are mintex m1155, just looking at ordering some pagid blue rs4-2 for next set

Has the cage been bolted in to the welded plates yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes mate, although it needs to come back out so it can be fully seam welded, as at the min you can't weld all way round whilst its in place. It needs to come out so the feet can be painted anyway

Went to cadwell on saturday, this time though i had the rotas on as the r888s on the others were past it. I had some 225/45 Federal rsr's fitted to them first though and i think from now on i'll be sticking with these rather than swapping the wheels all the time, much less hassle

Not much of an update as spending on the car is on hold for a while :( damn house move! Anyway i'm off to Donnington next Sunday for japfest 2 so if anyone is going you may see it there just on a small stand. Since my last post i think all i have done is roll the arches, swap the wheels front to back as they were rubbing like mad on track so trying them this way round, drilled the front bumper to aid cooling and stuck a nice big sticker on the doors. Next trackday booked is a while away yet at Cadwell in October

Back