• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Astra VXR Nurburgring detail.

Firstly - this is a huge huge thread on detailing world. Click on the link and let the page load for five minutes. Yes, even on broadband.

vxrmarc - the owner - has an detailing perfection that puts him in the upper class. His previous Astra VXR was extensively detailed much to the amusement of many forums.

Over four weeks of detailing: fifty-one layers of wax with three layers of a £10,000 final finish wax, bespoke parts, a remap', ICE install and millimeter perfect exhaust.

Your thoughts?

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

Quite frankly, I am absolutely astounded at the amount of work gone into this. I always thought that cars were all grease, oil and petrol and driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite frankly, I think someone needs to get a bird.

And does someone want to point out to him that no matter how much you polish it, it's still a Vauxhall.

Amazing stuff. A bit OTT for me tbh.

I'm suprised he didn't have a breakdown after this shot:

45.jpg

What amazes me is that there are very few day shots of the car, mainly night shots.:confused:

A bit ott, some of the badges are gay and that leather parcel shelf is the gayest thing i've ever seen!!!

Nice car though.

I could understand doing something like this if the car was really special to start with, but just NO!

Spot the VXR owner (although this isn't the one with OCD!)...

IMG_8437.jpg

The guy needs to get out a bit more, it's hugely sad that thread.

its pretty over the top, looks fantastic but youd be frightened to drive it.imagine what hes like when it goes for an mot or a service!
he must be ******** himself with worry!

I started looking @ it & haven't come to a judgement as yet as it killed my work machine. I'll have a nose over the weekend & reply here again afterwards :)

I thought i had a problem, using Clay bar on the inside of my wheels :p

Now i feel quite normal after looking at that :lol:

omg

Blonde in his hair @ his age!? How gay? RO water to pour on the car? WTF I used RO water for my marine fish years ago & that was a pain in the arse!. I bet it rained after & got mucky, I can never see the point of going so far with it. I once pushed the boat out & used some poor boys sealent & the car looked good for weeks regardless of bad weather! There's just no need for all that effort & expense!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I reckon he'd find me, kill me & then cut out my heart & eat it.

It'd take a bit longer than that Lee.... he'd have to apply 51 layers of wax to the knife before cutting your heart out and would certainly have to clay bar your heart before cutting into...

Awesome car, awesome detail & awesome mods.....most of em anyways.

The additions have clearly been very well thought out & planned.
The attention to detail is fantastic.

I personally don't like chrome engine bays, I think a black crackle finish or blue powdercoat would be better.
I do not like the refinish on the wheels, makes it looks a cheaper model from the Astra line-up imo, which is a shame as the 'Ring Astra looks cracking in the metal :cool:

Why did he wax the rubber covers over the springs too? They wipe clean with a microfibre or mitt. Plus why hasn't he gone for some properly set-up adjustable coilovers? He's spent a fortune in other areas & scrimped here in comparison.
I don't understand that he never mentioned cleaning or treating the arches @ any point? Did he do it?

Overall it is an brilliant car & modded in the right way imo. :twisted:

Back