• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Astra VXR Nurburgring detail.

Well after 10 minutes of waiting for my fcuking mouse to move again and disconnecting the laptop battery and restarting my computer - I will give my opinion

What a cnut, totally anal retard. What a t!t to put so many pictures in a thread.:mad::mad::mad: Turning up to collect your car with a paint thickness gauge.:lol:

And after all that - a fcuking white astra ffs - big deal.

Needs to get his leg over - I have nothing positive to say.

I wonder if he gives his fridge 51 layers of wax. :rolleyes:

^^ posted in the heat of the moment btw :p

I didnt even get as far as the engine bay pics

:O:O:O

He wants his Jewish nose breaking. The products he uses must cost almost as much as the Astra! He needs to discover Football/rugby beer & women & get out more! The FREAK!

He must have done the arches when the wheels were off. He could not have missed them. He APC'd them before the foam-stage so could have missed adding it to the thread.

I like some of the mods' too. Not a fan of engine bling and would prefer more 'go' mods' rather than 'show'. I would have left the ICE install as it would ruin the car dynamics if he did indeed go to the 'Ring. The extra weight negates the new ARB and remap' to some extent too.

The isopropyl alcohol/Evian wipe down is a good idea to get any waxes off. Not sure on de-greasing the hinges to the extent that he did. Water has a habit for getting through the smallest of gaps.

I started reading some of it but lost intrest. Where did he find all that time writing that all up:lol: way too ott for me.

Rumor has it that when he decides to wash the car his wife books a mediterranean cruise for herself and the kids. :lol:

Rumor has it that when he decides to wash the car his wife books a mediterranean cruise for herself and the kids. :lol:

I heard he doesn't have time for a wife. Kids?? I don't think that he would have time for them, and even if he did, they would leave fingerprints on the window!! :eek:

hes gone far too far IMO, a wash every three days? 3 monthes of waxing?

i did notice no mention of wife, kids, life

but then again my computer stopped loading the pictures at the tuning stage

i only kept reading out of morbid curiosity

You think I rub my beard on the roof? :lol:
I thought you didn't have a choice. I heard that it made the facial topiary of ZZ top look pathetic. These myths have obviously outgrown the reality. It's like the old "you should never meet your hero's" jibe. I feel if our paths ever crossed, i would feel slightly deflated that said beardage wouldn't quite meet the quota I was expecting.

Well I for one appreciate what he is doing - even if it is totally OTT. Marc does this for a living, and thousands of people ask him for advice on detailing after seeing his posts. Didn't he start off by working for that guy that was on fifth gear detailing the Maserati MC12? (he's in some of his photos in that thread to I think) I bet he gets paid a fortune to detail some peoples cars, and I think he does these threads to help his detailing business (he's basically advertising) & he must get a kick out of it.

It is very OTT , using mineral water on the car and the number of washes in between every stage. :eek:

I am also amazed at the price he got for his last VXR :eek: The only reason must be because it was infamous and they knew someone out there would pay top $ for it.

He'd be gutted if he got is scratched though. The paint job would ruin his micron measurements and he'd have to sell it!

Mad.

I liked the bit about the original white wheels, something like 'the though of the wheels getting dirty and fading was driving me mad':lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bless.

But i'd love to leave my car with him for a week and see what it comes out like.

You'd prob have to leave a £6k cheque with him too though.

As said, he must do those massive threads as advertising, because imagine the time it takes to even create the thread:eek: :eek: :eek:

made me laugh when he says 'I noticed some small orange spots, about half a mm thick, but it was too late to refuse the car now'.

Detailing world = sausage fest. I like my car to be swirl free, but I also like having mates and a girlfriend.

Me and the missus just looked through this, i'm stunned that someone would be so anal about the car they DRIVE IN everyday. I dread to think what he is like when he fills up, he probably takes a f@cking cloth to the BP garage to wipe down any drips after. I think the missus thinks he's insane, her last words were Tw@t head:lol:

Back