• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Back in a Honda! Finally. S2000 content...new wheels pg3

It's been a few years since I sold my DC2, miss Vtec, so, back to it I return.

2679736-2.jpg

2679736-1.jpg

2001 model UK car. 67000miles. Few bits n pieces on it. Hardtop also.
Sat at home waiting to be fitted is a Recaro Profi SPG, Buddy Club Spec 4 exhaust, and some standard 16" wheels which are going to be painted black asap. The wheels on the car are Rota D1 and will be for sale(18").
Other plans are some suspension tweaks, Buddy Club header, decat, some weight reduction and more bracing.

Super happy/excited to have some revs back in my life. I should have got an S2000 last year instead of the RX7. Oh well. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Red H's fitted. S2ki will love that. In fact they will love that whole car :lol:

Looks good ***, get rid of those wheels asap and it will be even better

Sure thing Stu. You know where to find me.
Harv, I know. I'm on S2ki anyway but keeping a low profile at the mo. Wheels are a bit much for my tastes, so are up for sale.

I recognise this car from S2Ki I'm sure.

Looks great mate, hate the wheels though :lol: .

S2000's run and feel much better on 17's, I got myself a set of AP2v1's for mine and once the geo is sorted they are great.

Do you know if the bushes have been greased recentaly ??

As Ross says, damage wise.

I have some 16" wheels going on once I've sprayed them black. I will keep an eye out for some 17" wheels though.

Not sure about the bolts actually, but I know it's done little mileage recently and hope that they are not too bad. It's something I'll be looking into over the next couple of weeks.

Not sure about the bolts actually, but I know it's done little mileage recently and hope that they are not too bad. It's something I'll be looking into over the next couple of weeks.

Its advisable mate, there are 8 bushes in all that control the adjustable camber settings.

For some crazy reason these aren't greased from the factory and are prone to seize, thus causing a massive pain in the neck when you come to adjust the settings, either due to excessive tyre wear somewhere or maybe for handling reasons.

There tends to be no link between age and the chances of them seizing either, some '99 cars have been know to be trouble free and some '06 cars have had six of the eight seized solid.

Out of my eight I only had one seized and Tom at TGM managed to get it out in half an hour which is super lucky as some have taken as long as 4 hours for one :eek: !!!

Once that was sorted, re greased and put back, I had my 17's fitted and a FRSU applied to the geo and the car felt a million times better :D .

I have heard about the horror of them. I'll see what's what asap.

It's home with me now. :) The drive home was fun. I have missed Vtec.

If anyone knows anyone who might be interested in the wheels then let me know. They are 18" Rota D1 with pretty much brand new tyres on. There are a few light scuffs on the wheels and some spidering in the lacquer. I think maybe £450? Staggered fitment.

Bought a decat last night also. Should arrive Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stew, if they are all seized it can be easier to buy some second hand subframes and arms and do all the bush work on them first. Gives you time to prep all the arms up nicely with paint and press all the bushes out easier with no down time. Can then sell on your old frames afterwards.

J7- how much is the initial outlay for that? I'll give them a go regardless.

Jay- no boost, just revs!

Stew, front and rear bush kit is about £300 for the powerflex but it's pretty comprehensive. The only other bush you need is the front compliance which Powerflex dont make, so either Mugen or Hardrace for about another £100.Try and be careful with the cam bolts as they are silly money if you have to replace them.I think i paid £150 from Honda!! You dont have to buy the sub frames but the arms are usually pretty rotten so it's nice to take some time rubbing them down and painting them before pressing in the bushes and greasing up the bolts, plus you can tidy the frame itself. If it's your daily it will be off the road for a couple of days.
The going rate for a garage to supply and fit the bushes used to be about ~£1000 and that's without prepping the arms. Obviously this all depends on what's seized but after changing them all on mine for the uprated bushes the car felt a lot better to drive so it's a worthwhile mod anyways.

New exhaust fitted. Pretty quiet out of Vtec, sounds bassy above 6k, but not loud. Think I'm a little disappointed with the sound but I do have a decat coming which should increase the volume a bit. Massive weight saving though, stock system is 24kgs(cat back) and this is 6.5kgs.

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

Back