• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 -Return to Track Pg 33

Did you pay much more for the specially made harnesses from Willans, as thats what im getting over the next couple of months but want a different colour to what they have in stock?

That is great work dude. I keep an eye on this thread often. I'm suprised to see a cage not being mentioned - forgotten, or not in the plans?

The J's Aero is nice; I prefer the facelift Mugen Lip kit more.

Here's a 2005 J's Racing DC5 (USDM RSX) It shows the J's kit (single vented fenders included).

I have more or less the same plans - different Japanese brands though. I have effectively covered the first stage of what I had planned; full Aero, exhaust, intake, wheels, coilovers, and a bit of dress up.

The next step will be to take each of those areas further - FEEL's header, Mugen Bonnet, KPro, JRSC or RBC set-up, LSD, Seats, harnesses, half cage, bracing, Mugen III steering wheel (also), BBK, amongst a host of other stuff..

Do you not find that patience and money get the better of you?

- If I have the money, I don't have the patience.
- When I have the patience, I don't have the money.

Joy.

This may sound a little silly given certain parts - race brakes, race suspension etc, but I want to keep the interior in for now + it provides enough sound deadening for the stereo to be effective without having to result to uprated speakers etc etc.
I definitely haven't discounted a roll cage as a future option though. The theme is a track orientated car that's 'manageable' on road, a TGM road car as I've nicknamed it lol. The boot will be stripped though as the external reservoirs for the rear Nitrons will be mounted in there for easy access. I like the idea of having a complete interior, opening up the boot and seeing it stripped out with the Nitrons staring at you :)

I've seen that RSX many a time, it's lush. I'm such a J's whore that I think I know of every J's kitted DC5 outside of Japan lol. He has the 20mm fenders on so the theory on design change might hold true.

I'm a very patient person (unless it's at work), but I admit this has pre-occupied the mind a lot. I'm fortunate enough that the money is always there, I have a decent salary and accumulated savings I don't have to touch + minimal outgoings e.g. Corporate flats over the years has seen to that.

We definitely need to sort out a photo shoot when both cars are done, yours sounds like it will be a beast also :cool:

Wheels are not fitted as I want the suspension/brake kit and wheels to go on as a package. Due to not having the fenders, we're not 100% sure what sized spacers to use so they're on hold at the mo. We ordered the fenders when they were still 20mm so we're not sure what's coming.

Did you pay much more for the specially made harnesses from Willans, as thats what im getting over the next couple of months but want a different colour to what they have in stock?

Pm on it's way Lottie :)

Hi mate how's it going? Car looks like its coming together nicely mate, I can't wait for the next update!

Thanks Stuart.

Hey John, it's moving along but won't be at Japfest I'm afraid although I will be. I was down at Tom's on the Saturday just gone; car was on the ramps with the gearbox dropped for a CC clutch and final drive :)

Oooh sounds tasty! Hows the final drive, what did you have fitted?
Hey mate, the car's still at Tom's. Awaiting aero parts etc etc so it's residing there for the time being.

A lot of work gone into this will be interesting to see how it drives when finished :)
Cheers, me neither! I'm hoping it will be all done for Japfest 2 or if not, at least Brands in August.

Do you mind me asking where you got the intake manifold polished?
A metal polishers in Walthamstowe. It needs hand finishing for the intricate parts (£££s) but I'm content with how it is.

Works Bell goodies are in. Thank you Touge :smt041

DSC00982.jpg

DSC00983.jpg

DSC00985.jpg

Back