• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

bulbs

ok no worries, cheers crumb, i think i will edit my post so this page isnt as mahoosive lol.

but anyway, thats what mine look like :lol:
when you say day time, do you want them on or just what they look like? because when they are on they arent that noticeable

Like in the evening, dusky sort of time. Not quite daylight, not quite pitch black - the sort of time when some peoples drive with just their sidelights on. A pic or two at that light level, with them turned on - that'd be handy ;) I'll take some pics of mine and get them up soonish...

EDIT - still on bulbs topic... Does anyone know if/how to adjust the standard dipped headlight height? It's so dipped I've nearly hedged the car a couple of times. I saw Funky had mentioned this in a post but I've not seen anything more about it here, or on Funky's Civic site :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
no worries mate, i will try get some for you tonight matey. problem is the camera decides it wants to flash, you then cant see the bulb so i turn flash off then it goes like my earlier pics :lol: but bare with me i try my best.

do you not have the adjuster in the car next to steering wheel with the three/four settings?

no worries mate, i will try get some for you tonight matey. problem is the camera decides it wants to flash, you then cant see the bulb so i turn flash off then it goes like my earlier pics :lol: but bare with me i try my best.

Cheers ;)

do you not have the adjuster in the car next to steering wheel with the three/four settings?

Yep, I keep it at zero which is fine some of the time, but being in Scotland it can mean driving towards pitch blackness on any corner sited on a hill, up or down (where I live, there are many) :evil: if I could raise them just a tiny bit, it'd help loads IMO

Yep, I keep it at zero which is fine some of the time, but being in Scotland it can mean driving towards pitch blackness on any corner sited on a hill, up or down (where I live, there are many) :evil: if I could raise them just a tiny bit, it'd help loads IMO

the only thing i can suggest is full beam mate, i dont think theres a manual adjuster because of the one inside the car, but dont quote me on that one

some pictures for nosman which i forgot about lol

16092009049.jpg

16092009050.jpg

16092009051.jpg

i now need some sort of xenon bulbs so they look blue/purer white

Seriously though, those PIAA bulbs may seem pricey but they are excellent.
I have them on my car, but I bought the wrong ones first.

If you are interested pm me and perhaps we can come to some arrangement. In the meantime do a search on ebay to see how much they go for. :cool:

So lads, what led sidelights are the majority of you on here running?

Had about 3 '£5' sets from ebay, all looked good with my 6k hids but keep dying in short amounts of time rrrrr :(

So lads, what led sidelights are the majority of you on here running?

Had about 3 '£5' sets from ebay, all looked good with my 6k hids but keep dying in short amounts of time rrrrr :(

I bought the £10 LEDs from Halfrauds, look spot on. Get the white ones, blue looks a bit "do-as-you-likey" plus blue may not pass MOT

just a quick input to this thread.

i bought some LED sidelight bulbs, the standard wedge sized ones for 99p from ebay china. they said "blue xenon look" i bought them to compliment the xenon headlights, but these look like sea blue and let off less light than a petrol station lighter. it wasn't all bad as i sold the bulbs for £3 on a focus forum.

About the LED side lights i got some off HIDs4u.com and they are great. They cost about £12 delivered. Good deal (I think any way)

mr _sport

About the LED side lights i got some off HIDs4u.com and they are great. They cost about £12 delivered. Good deal (I think any way)

mr _sport

It's not a good deal actually... you can get the same if not better for less than half that delivered elsewhere.

Really never knew that. It was just a last min buy because i was in work and could not get to the shops for a few days because i did not have any money and they had both blowen in that sapce of a few days of each other.

I will keep that in mind if i need to get more

Update: one of the LED bulbs I bought from Halfrauds has fecking blown, I will be taking them back lol

It's not a good deal actually... you can get the same if not better for less than half that delivered elsewhere.

you got a link to trustworthy ebayers or whatever mate, they are ten a penny on ebay for cheap xenons i could do with a good company.

Back