• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chatroom?

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Dunno if this is more effort than it's worth tbh, but I use a couple of forums that do have a chatroom function & can be good for those lazy ones amongst us :lol:

Something the other forum does, is limits the chatroom to people with over a certain amount of posts, so not to attractive people just looking for chatrooms to cause problems.

Well, what do you think gang?

I've thought about adding one previously but wasn't sure what ppl's opinion of one would be. I always meant to create a poll to gauge reaction but didn't bother me arse :lol:
Theres a couple of options as well, I could either add a java/flash/whatever based chatroom to the site or add a simple shoutbox to the forum somewhere (probly just below the banner)

FreakOnALeash said:
I've thought about adding one previously but wasn't sure what ppl's opinion of one would be. I always meant to create a poll to gauge reaction but didn't bother me arse :lol:
Theres a couple of options as well, I could either add a java/flash/whatever based chatroom to the site or add a simple shoutbox to the forum somewhere (probly just below the banner)

Lazy git :lol:

I don't like the shoutboxes personally, I can get you a screenshot of the other I use for reference if that suits mate?

yeah post a screenshot up and I'll see which one it is, from memory there are quite a few around :)

Its quick and I would welcome it as I like to chat alot :p

tho, when you sit and think about it, theres isn't much difference between a quality shoutbox and a chatroom :smt017

They way I see things a chatroom would be one that could be connected to via a standalone chat client (e.g. using the IRC network) and a shoutbox would be something you could only use on the forum.

so uhhh, yeah, I'll see what I can sort out anyways :lol:

FreakOnALeash said:
tho, when you sit and think about it, theres isn't much difference between a quality shoutbox and a chatroom :smt017

They way I see things a chatroom would be one that could be connected to via a standalone chat client (e.g. using the IRC network) and a shoutbox would be something you could only use on the forum.

so uhhh, yeah, I'll see what I can sort out anyways :lol:

:lol: :lol: Forum one only :wink:

Please excuse you ignorance ya know all git!! :lol:

I've had a play with a few of these on the test forum over the course of the day, and basically they suck!
A full featured chat client may be the better option, I'll have a bit more a poke around with various things next week as I wont get a chance to do anything this weekend :)

Welsh-Rich said:
Sounds like a great idea 8)

Won't it harm your post count though mate? :?: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Seriously though, I think its a great idea - especially as I don't use MSN. 8)

Welsh-Rich said:
ianwilliams said:
Sorry buddy - couldn't resist it! :wink: :lol:

I'd have done the same :lol:

Nah, not too bothered about a chat room tbh. Msn does the job enough and I'm addicted to this place as it is already. :smt100

dappastyle said:
Msn does the job enough and I'm addicted to this place as it is already. :smt100

Your right about the Forum and MSN, but you have to be invited into the MSN chat, where as if it was a chat room you can just join in 8)

Just a thought

Back