• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chatroom?

Welsh-Rich said:
dappastyle said:
Msn does the job enough and I'm addicted to this place as it is already. :smt100

Your right about the Forum and MSN, but you have to be invited into the MSN chat, where as if it was a chat room you can just join in 8)

Just a thought

ahh are they leaving you out? ahh diddums.

tbh, mulitchats via the users are often used so in that sence a chatroom would be valid.

TEACUP!

dappastyle said:
Welsh-Rich said:
dappastyle said:
Msn does the job enough and I'm addicted to this place as it is already. :smt100

Your right about the Forum and MSN, but you have to be invited into the MSN chat, where as if it was a chat room you can just join in 8)

Just a thought

tbh, mulitchats via the users are often used so in that sence a chatroom would be valid.

TEACUP!

Nah, not being left out at all mate :wink:

Just a thought for the others who want to chat but aren't sure how to join in, thats all :D

Welsh-Rich said:
dappastyle said:
Welsh-Rich said:
dappastyle said:

Just a thought

TEACUP!

Nah, not being left out at all mate :wink:

Just a thought for the others who want to chat but aren't sure how to join in, thats all :D

good point there, it's only the people that have been speaking to one another for a while then go onto msn.

chat will enable more users to trade information.

how about setting up an irc chatroom ?

AFAIK you can do more than chat, share files etc etc.

SiKBoY said:
how about setting up an irc chatroom ?

AFAIK you can do more than chat, share files etc etc.

irc takes time to learn the various commands, I'm currently looking at a way of using an irc chatroom with a built-in interface on the forum to enable easier access for ppl not used to irc

I'm just not a fan of the java ones I've tried out mainly due to them not linking well with our subscriber tables thus allowing anyone to use any old name, whereas I'd rather ppl used their forum names, I did find a really nice one written in flash, but it costs money. Maybe if/when we become a club and have more income to the forum I'll put forward the idea of getting it.
My other plan was to code something myself that interfaces with a jabber server so ppl could use it online on the website or connnect using a standalone jabber client :)
I've just not had much time recently to do much coding for the site, but hopefully I'll get more done over the coming weeks and months :)

MilanoChris said:
How much money does the Flash one cost?
that depends on the number of concurrent users you want to be able to use it! :lol:
its US$199 for a 50 user licence which I reckon would more than suffice for us at the min

online demo and more info > http://www.123flashchat.com

:lol:
so far I've not found anything I could easily integrate into the forum that would be worthy of being installed here.
That plus at the min I've got a feature freeze on the forum till I figure out whats happening with the classifieds as if I need to back the code out its easier to do it if I dont have to work around additional newer bits of code :)

All this plus phpBB3 is due for release shortly and thats a complete rewrite of the forum so I'm not sure whether its worth spending a lot of time working on a mod based on old old code. (Still undecided how quickly we will make the jump to phpbb3 as I haven't played with it yet)

and after that rather long winded reply I'll sum it up with the following:
we'll have a chatroom at some point, I just have to get round to it :lol:

FreakOnALeash said:
and after that rather long winded reply I'll sum it up with the following:
we'll have a chatroom at some point, I just have to get round to it :lol:

I'm only joshing mate, I figured you lot have plenty on your plates, just seeing if we were close thats all :wink:

Catz said:
Dunno if you want to look at this ...

http://www.chatzy.com/

Can be linked to forums quite easily I believe

yeah, its along the same lines as most of the ones I've already looked at. I want one that requires you to use your username from the forum which in turn requires it to use the same tables and records structure from the database as the forum.
There are a few about that do it but they're either a bit pants or cost money :lol:

Thanks for the link tho, I'd not seen that one yet :)

SpaceMonkey said:
Any updates you lazy mods? :lol:

Only joshing gang, you do a good job.....well most of ya :p

Oi! Its nothing to do with us mods, its lazy Admin! :wink: :lol:

Back