• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Crumb's NHB EP3

I bought the car with them on. so wouldn't know any difference tbh. It handled well upon purchase. Now with FRSU, it's a dream!!

Cool, cheers Joe. You would have loved the roads we were on in Wales mate.

Anyone know what rear camber arms they use at TDI North, or do they give you a choice?

You buy them and take them to TDI mate.

Paul recomends the skunk2. I saw some for sale on CTRO a few days ago?

I fitted my new bumper today, but beforehand I thought I'd put some mesh in to protect the radiator.

Ingredients:

Mesh:
IMG_0331.jpg

£30 from Halfords

Heavy Duty weatherproof velco strip:
IMG_0334.jpg

£8 from Halfords

New bumper:
IMG_0335.jpg

£180 from Honda dealer

I was going to use some cable ties too, but decided they were unnecessary and a would look a bit pants.

I began by cutting the mesh into shape and decided to do it in two pieces.
So I started along the top and moulded the mesh into shape.
IMG_0337.jpg

Then I applied the velco strips copiously, leaving one side of the adhesive covered (in white).
IMG_0338.jpg

Once satisfied with the shape I removed the covers and stuck the mesh in place.

I then bashed the edges with a hammer to help keep it in place and generally keep things tidy.
IMG_0341.jpg

I then did exactly the same along the bottom.
IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

Finished article:
IMG_0347.jpg

I then move outside and begun dismantling the front of the car.
The reason I decided to get a new bumper were these dents and excessive stonechips:
IMG_0350.jpg
IMG_0351.jpg

Bumper off:
IMG_0352.jpg

After removing the grille, fog lights, splitter, number plate and rubber skirt.
IMG_0353.jpg

Bumper reassembled before going back on the car:
IMG_0356.jpg

All done, or so I thought...
IMG_0361.jpg

I realised that the old bumper had all of the blanking plates removed, so a few minutes and swear words later:
IMG_0362.jpg

Job done.:)

IMG_0363.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work. New bumpers really are a bargain, even since they doubled the price!

nice one crumb, came through alright then. i still havent got round to ordering my one yet, mainly because i keep forgetting when im at work.
the mesh looks pretty good actually, doesnt look "max power-ish" either :lol: what made you not get the mesh with the flames cut into it? :lol:

oh yeah..did it take long all together to fit the new bumper and that?

Removing the bumper didn't take that long TBH, but I've done it before when I installed the fog lights. Once you know what to do it's a lot quicker and easier.
The whole job took approx 2 hours from starting to cut the mesh to taking the final pic.

thats not too bad mate, i hate taking bumpers off because i allways end up cleaning and polishing the bits that are usually covered up. eventhough i wont see them again.

does look smart mate, its the little things that stand out

Tiebar.jpg

:cool:

As well as the tiebar, got my rear camber arms and front camber bolts done. Booked in for geometry on the 9th.

Also had a go at the springs but couldn't get enough leverage on the nut at the bottom of the strut to get it off.
Gonna need to get it on a ramp.

random question but you know those bars that has the number "2" on it (appologise for my mechanic talk), can you get them in annodised colours?
i saw annodised gold and purple ones on an EK/EG civic not so long ago and it looked sweet.

nice tie bar btw

The mesh really is a important job that I still have to do.

Very good job you did too.

Seeing your car up on the axle stands made me realise how thin the OEM exhauts pipe actualy is.

Cars looking fresh mate, I like it.

random question but you know those bars that has the number "2" on it (appologise for my mechanic talk), can you get them in annodised colours?
i saw annodised gold and purple ones on an EK/EG civic not so long ago and it looked sweet.

nice tie bar btw

LCA's mate, lower control arms ;) .

Yes you can you can get some D2 ones (purple), and I believe there are some gold ones too, (Skunk IIRC).

J's FTW! :) and looking good crumb, did the fog lights take you long to install? Are they genuine Honda ones?

Thanks very much :)

Yes they took a while and are genuine Honda. It was my first real mod and as such was the first time I attempted to remove the front bumper. It took a while to do, but was a learning experience and now I am expert at it. :cool:

The real PITA when doing the fogs was the electrical side of things.

Back