• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 restoration - track project

I took a video of you going past the main straight in the link below. Sounds really nice. Thought you might like it.

[video=youtube;dxHHpY-_m2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxHHpY-_m2w[/video]

Nice! Looks good in the photos.

Thanks.

I took a few if you but I think you have enough anyway lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post away, I don't mind.

I took a video of you going past the main straight in the link below. Sounds really nice. Thought you might like it.

Thanks - I'll take a look when home as I'd get some funny looks playing it in the office. :lol:

Looked very quick. Had to laugh when I saw only 3 DC5's on the track in the morning. With a load of others with "all the gear" lined up looking pretty.

Each to their own of course ... but a sad state of affairs.

Looked very quick. Had to laugh when I saw only 3 DC5's on the track in the morning. With a load of others with "all the gear" lined up looking pretty.

Each to their own of course ... but a sad state of affairs.
Race car mods on garage queens upset me.

Your SPD Automotive Ltd order is due for delivery on Thursday 27th April

nOwa3ve.gif

Yeah it's the seat rail, finally. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to fit anything till next Friday.

Finally got the seat rail so fitted the Pole Position today. Love it.

95699141f6cf14504199923858f8c082.jpg

I think I need to adjust the rake on the mounts. I'm also wondering about ordering a second, this one has a small mark in the fabric sadly, looks like a fag burn which is odd as I never smoke in my house.

What I forgot to mention when I fitted the seat is that I also took it to my local tyre place. Two of the AD08R's on the black wheels where at the legal limit, it seems Rockingham had finished them off. Plus they had blue lines on them from heat which made Karl and I laugh. I wanted to put the bronze wheels on with the RS-R's on. I have the equipment to change wheels over at home however with the steering feeling quite numb off centre I wanted the geo looking at.

bU5llcS.jpg

Well I guess that explains why then. I couldn't test too much on the short journey home but it did feel much better. I then took the car down to TGM for a few things:

- Oil change
- Gearbox oil change
- Fix speed converter
- Investigate fuel sender

It's there now and I'll probably pick it up at the end of next week. On the drive down I noticed that the steering felt much better and far more alive off centre. I don't really have much throw away cash at the moment so once I know what the damage at TGM is I'll look at booking another track day.

Back