• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Problems, VTEC Juddering And Bogging Down, Broken CD and Wheel Vibrations :(

Well tbf them ones look shagged so best to replace them and see what happens after that

checked them against the head and they are sparking still

Possibly not but only way to find out is to replace. Just got 4 NGK iridium plugs off Ebay for £33 should be here and fitted by friday id hope

Also I know this may be irrelevant but what's the crack with VTEC solenoids becoming dirty or nackered?

Right :( it's not fixed it! Winding me up now.

Going to try get hold of a compression tester cause it's pointless spending more money guessing what it is, if the problem is major and lies there.

I can't put my finger on it VTEC sounds like it engages at 5800rpm as the noise of the engine totally changes. The revs just seem to go up at the same rate if not slower than when it's not engaged :mad:

Feels like the engine is struggling to rev rather than revving freely

When the coil packs were out one of them had insulation tape round it :/ but it was cylinder 3 not cylinder 1 working on the basis of cylinder 1 is nearest the timing chain on the left

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is struggeling to rev, it's not the solenoid. Also, loss of compression wouldn't give the symptoms you're getting, at least I think. Have you had the coil pack looked at?

Coil packs been looked at but that's it, have to order up another set

Could it be anything to do with timing chain or the cams?

coil pack or injector, if you was closer i would swap my coil pack to test then scan it to see if code comes back

Will I need to clear the faults before the problem goes away? Or leave the battery off to reset the ECU. Is there anyway to test injectors rather than replace them. Have to order coil packs up asap.

Wondering if lambda sensor will be involved also as I got a fault code for that aswell but that would surely not cause a misfire or it would be on all cylinders and not just the one

Oil checked and I've kept an eye on it, it's bang on the top dot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you always planting your foot to the floor when hitting vtec as that makes a big difference in the acceleration rate.

Back