• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Spoke to my source at Honda again (I feel like a secret agent! :lol:), the issue is due to valves dropping and production is delayed by two weeks minimum. Nothing official has been said, the information is from his boss in Swindon.

I'm assuming that this on the new run of engines that have been built in Ohio and shipped over?

This would link up with the sold cars not being recalled yet as the early cars that have already been delivered have had hand-built EU built engines, with the Ohio plant only starting to produce them 2 days after the car's official release date.

If that is the case, the first run wouldn't be affected.

It also begs the question, what else could go wrong with the engines if something as fundamental as retainers are failing on the new engines...

This is concerning.

Sort of glad i havent purchased yet and am waiting until salary/bonus time.

It would all be covered by warranty, I get that, well until it is 3 yo and to be honest I'll only have done around 15k miles by then, but the recurring trips to the dealers for warranty issues are why I got rid of the Focus. I'd still be in that car now if it had been reliable.

It would all be covered by warranty, I get that, well until it is 3 yo and to be honest I'll only have done around 15k miles by then, but the recurring trips to the dealers for warranty issues are why I got rid of the Focus. I'd still be in that car now if it had been reliable.

How long before...

35777991.jpg

Meanwhile at Tgm, an FK2 sat waiting to be turned in to a race car.

c6d06fa8487b2d7404f2ee7c0441bea6.jpg

Out of curiosity, when did you see it at TGM? I'm going there tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get to see it.

If it isn't there I guess I will see it when I go to my local dealer to possibly order a new Jazz for my mum.

Funny you should say that. When my dad had his 5 series he had nothing but grief and the dealers were shocking. I guess it just depends where you go really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think their are a few bad dealers and if you get a bad car then they can be a right pain due to how sophisticated they are. I'm just going from what I have witnessed from the Cutters forum and Sytners Leicester. I had a 325i a few years ago and it was a bit of a shed so if I was to buy a beamer again it would have to have warranty.

On a different note, I had a ride in the new turbo M3 the other week and it was phenomenally fast so I can see the 135i being stupidly good fun.

It sounds like there is not a bad descion to be made as both are great cars.

I would ignore the concerns about delays of the civic, and but the car that you want more.
A 4 week delays is small issue in 2-3yr ownership of a car.

Plus if you do get a 4 week delay I'm sure you get some compensation from the dealer, after their promises its not delayed.

A word of caution on dealers.
I went to my 1st Merc dealer and was treated fantastically throughout my ownership experience, i.e negotiating a deal, collection and servicing over 3yrs.
My 2nd Merc I went to a different dealer and was treated ok when ordering, but after that it went down hill very fast. In all the cars I have owned this was by far the worst dealer experience by some margin. Higher end marques to do guarantee a good customer service experience.

I was just on the way home after driving a Megane 250. Quick car. Have you considered one lox? They are much better screwed together than the old generation Renaults.

Yes, tilt lever on the seat came off in my hand and all the buttons on the dash had that extra 3-4mm of travel before they did anything, like they had had a hard life. It was on 44k.

It also felt very snappy coming off the throttle, so a pain to drive smoothly but nippily round town.

Nice car but doesn't hold a candle to the FK2 TBH.

So......

I went to see my local dealer about a jazz for my mum. Got there and then I saw the FK2. In sporty blue, anyway went in and spoke to a sales man about the jazz. Was very impressed with the jazz. Took it out for a test drive and really liked it. When we got back to the show room I asked the guy if there was any chance I could take the FK2 out for a test drive. He happily obliged, to be honest I was kind of hoping he would say no. He went to get the keys, as soon as I sat in the driver's seat I fell in love. The seats really hug you, the cabin is a really nice to be. I love the position of the gear lever. Started it up and was expecting it to burble instead it sounded like a diesel.

Pulled out of the carpark and it was like any other car. So I was driving around and finally got onto a stretch of road put my foot down. WOW!!!! This was without the +R button. Pushed the +R button and the car totally transformed. Steering became more responsive I could feel the suspension tighten and the throttle response get sharper. Pulled like a train in any gear. The gear changes are super slick, proper mechanical feel about the gear changes. We were driving for about half hour. The GT model is well equipped. I really like the idea of the dash showing the speed of the road that you are driving on. Cameras on the car pick up speed signs and inform you. One thing I didn't like was the start/stop, although you can turn this off. However, in +R mode it doesn't have stop/start.

Such a joy to drive. It's put me in a dilemma. I cannot afford one but after the test drive I so badly want one.

My advice, if you are not set on buying one or can't afford it DO NOT take it for a test drive. You will want it by the end.

Damn sales guy at Honda :)

Haha...that's the danger of driving one when you can't really afford one, that's why I'm not going to bother for a while yet!

Sent to me by an Snco friend up there.

I did a stint in catterick in 05-07 (gaza bks) but I'm no longer serving now.

The car is nice, the colour I would also go for .. Get some more pics of it up !

cee7e6f7dc997cfed6dd01c12d07ec0e.jpg

Only picked it up Friday hoping to get to the Dales for a proper shoot

Is that your garage? I've literally just been offered 1 about the same size from the council but I'm unsure if it will fit, the car seems quite wide
No keys yet but I've had a look, & due to a big slope its looking like I'm pushing it in backwards

Back