• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

lol got to love that. i watched there review before ordering my FK2 a lot. when it comes down to it i love my Honda's so the others can do one!!!

ceb6328bec58f5ea81a45a00a15a0352.jpg

I spotted my first FK2 today coming back from the football in Glasgow. It was a black one going the other way on the dual carriageway but the driver was giving it the beans as he passed me and it sounded:twisted:

German tuning companies have been mapping them since October but have been restricted by the clutches. They've been slipping at 490NM ish so they've been restricting maps to 480Nm for safety.

It will be a combination of the friction disc and pressure plate, but it doesn't go bang, just slips.

I remember the Vectra VXRs had a similar thing with remaps and slipping clutches. It used to crack their flywheels and they got wise to it very quickly and soon stopped replacing them on warranty turning it into a £2k job to get the clutch and flywheel replaced on them.

It will be the same clutch on the 9G and 10G cars too as they'll have the same engine and drive train. Something will come to market soon, but customers are going to learn the hard way if they start down this road without uprated clutches.

From another forum

dweezle said:
Anyone know what's up with dream automotives car, was told they #clutch troubles & had the box out

I hope it is just the clutch.

In Ireland you can blow under and drive home but insurance companies allow no alcohol in your system. So, if you crash with alcohol in your system, they won't pay out.

From another forum

I hope it is just the clutch.
Was sent this pic, apparently it's last minute mimms track prep, but they did #clutch & trouble

But going by this picture, they made it to rockingham speedway today, And the most baffling part it's my area & I never spotted 1 of those cars :confused:

Subframe and rack on the floor. They know what they're doing though.

When I was there, he was telling me that they really want to push the envelope with the FK2 and were planning on getting a map written so it must be running a lot

Just incase anyone is interested. Just done a calculation on my fuel consumption from a 200 mile fun drive round south wales. I managed to get 30.3 mpg accoring to the computer but 28.2 when I calculated it properly after filling the tank again. Not bad considering I was out to have fun wasn't really paying any attention to fuel usage.

Had to go to the Honda for some bolts today and they had a white one in the showroom. I had a good gander at it and in the flesh i love it even more now.:smt054

I swore years ago i would never buy a turbo'd car again but

Back