• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Update.

Main one most will want/need to know is that mass production on the new 2KR Type R will start in May 2015.
We are still doing small builds which get shipped to Japan for further testing and tweeking.

HUM will be using aluminium for the first time on the car, but only for the fenders. We will also be using a brand new paint process to improve the overall appearance of the paint.

So, until then, its a few cars here and there, only for tweeking [panels, handling etc etc]. Then, in April 2015, the final build of 'test cars' will be done, which would pretty much be the final design to what you, the customer, will get.

So no Type R's hidden away at HUM at the moment, but hopefully, we will be getting an opportunity to view it in November.

That's all folks !!!!!!!!!!

Will have to wait and see about that one.

Current build plan [customer based demand] is approx 11,000 units.

Don't suppose you know if the luminous blue on concept 2 will be 1 of the colour choices, I know you mentioned a blue previously.

Had a PDF emailed to me yesterday from my dealer, looks like upcoming Honda brochure material, close to 300bhp but still not confirmed (I'm guessing it means more), bit about the earth dreams engine & with the +R button, diff, suspension all working together it will deliver the ultimate handling experience

Its not a luminous colour, thats probably just the lights at the event making it look bright.
But yes, this is very close to, if not the actual colour of the new Blue.

The paint quality team will still be perfecting the colour right up to mass production.

As for the bhp........its all here say, this and that.

I will wait until it comes off the line and get concrete figures before making any statement.

Enjoy the anticipation :smt047

Do I understand correctly that Type-R will be getting different blue than Civic Facelift?
The one from concept is better indeed.

Apologies if I or someone else has posted this before.
[video=youtube;e3dC3MpPjy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3dC3MpPjy0[/video]

:twisted:

Its not a luminous colour, thats probably just the lights at the event making it look bright.
But yes, this is very close to, if not the actual colour of the new Blue.

The paint quality team will still be perfecting the colour right up to mass production.

As for the bhp........its all here say, this and that.

I will wait until it comes off the line and get concrete figures before making any statement.

Enjoy the anticipation :smt047

Is there going to be NHB? Or similar?

You're not the only 1 getting fed up waiting, over the last wk I've been looking at spending little like on ep3's or even thought of getting an ek9 to keep my mind wandering there's a corking spooned up cw ek on Pistonheads but then I think that's 5k gone out of the 2015 kitty

You're not the only 1 getting fed up waiting, over the last wk I've been looking at spending little like on ep3's or even thought of getting an ek9 to keep my mind wandering there's a corking spooned up cw ek on Pistonheads but then I think that's 5k gone out of the 2015 kitty

Yes, I know how that goes, don't do it!!! Your spend money on it,which is a waste. I have a good mate who I see a lot has bought a gorgeous subaru Sti and it's making me want something quick even more, hurry up Honda haha

Curryzz we are continuing with small development builds at the moment.
We are hoping to see the car in November, but that is for us to see one fully built so we can see how our process 'looks' and if we need to make any changes.

As for any general public viewing, or media teasers, i dont know.

It is the last major event in Japan before release, and we know it is going to be priority 1 market for Type-R.
Of course it is just guessing (or rather a hope to see the car soon). They may as well show the Paris concept in there.
I think we should at least get some new bits of info.

Back