• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Just had a gawp at this at work. Proudly parked up in reception.

My god it looks good up close, even though its a fragile shell of a car.

Mass production early 2015.

Minor update on the new Type R.

Colours; as i have already mentioned, NH0 [Champ. White], Black, Red but not a silver as i had previously listed. Instead, we are doing a 'Brushed Metal' colour and a nice new metallic Blue, colour code B593 M.

Styling, not too far from what you're all oozing over, but you wont be getting the 'devil's horns' rear spoiler.

Minor update on the new Type R.

Colours; as i have already mentioned, NH0 [Champ. White], Black, Red but not a silver as i had previously listed. Instead, we are doing a 'Brushed Metal' colour and a nice new metallic Blue, colour code B593 M.

Styling, not too far from what you're all oozing over, but you wont be getting the 'devil's horns' rear spoiler.

Thanks for the update Norro! Gutted about the rear spoiler, especially as all the marketing and hype has revolved around it. Guessing the wing is going to be similar to the test mule they've been lapping the 'ring in?

Thanks for the update Norro! Gutted about the rear spoiler, especially as all the marketing and hype has revolved around it. Guessing the wing is going to be similar to the test mule they've been lapping the 'ring in?

Yea, the 'Ring' car is nearer to the final style with regards to the spoiler.

Good to hear it's coming in white!

....but every silver lining has a cloud. I'm hugely disappointed that the spoiler isn't going to make it, that was the best bit of the whole car for me. I'm actually quite affronted, as Welshy said it's the predominant feature of the advertising. That's entirely reprehensible Honda.

Pretty much echo that Jimbo. It's a crying shame.

Good info though Norro. :smt023

Why bring out posters / adverts and billboards with the picture of the car when the finished article isn't going to look like what was advertised?

If true then Honda have scored an own goal. It's the best feature of the concept and they decide to not use it!

Poor show Honda:-(

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

I can't believe that pretty much everything advertising the car features something that won't be on the car when it goes on sale!

Will it be an option?

As just about everyone else has already said, I can't believe that Devil Horns spoiler won't make it! Gutted! That was my favourite part and again as everyone has mentioned, it's the part what the vast majority of the marketing/advertising has shown and pushed. Damn shame.

As just about everyone else has already said, I can't believe that Devil Horns spoiler won't make it! Gutted! That was my favourite part and again as everyone has mentioned, it's the part what the vast majority of the marketing/advertising has shown and pushed. Damn shame.

Doesn't make any sense tbh, first concept that won't look almost the same as production model.

It'll probably be a crappy wing like on the FN2 and that's your lot. As if it's the wing off the test mule, I'd rather have it taken off and have no wing at all!

Chris

Buy this car! It looks like this!

Ummmm.....

Civic_Type_R11.jpg

Second time I've posted this picture in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, the 'Ring' car is nearer to the final style with regards to the spoiler.

Any idea when the design will be finalised and showcased Norro? I use to work at Toyota and we got to see the up coming model months prior to even SOP, as we trialled fitting parts behind closed doors and built numerous trial cars before the car show models.

Chris

Mugen will produce the wing as an aftermarket option - just part with two thousand and five hundred of your English pounds (plus VAT) and the wing is yours. Simples!!!! :lol:

Back