• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Picking the kids up by day, breaking and entering by night. Strange notion for an advert in all honesty.

Over on ctro someone is guessing 2 versions from this teaser, I'm not so sure, originally I thought it can be a normal hot hatch but press the +R button & it becomes aggressive, a right track animal etc etc, but at the end of the clip it says "Featuring the Honda civic & the Type R concept" so it could be just advertising the sport & the type R at the same time.

The sound i'm pretty sure they've used the sound clip from the new Honda F1 engine, bound to squeeze some teasers of that in

Loving all the second guessing! Any car can sound like that with a naughty exhaust, how on earth can you say it doesn't sound like a four cyl turbo that's preposterous lol! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likey reveal of the full trailer shot on Croatia.

I was wrong about Tokyo Motor Show, there is none this year. Now it is every 2 years, so next one is 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I reckon it'll be the full trailer tomorrow.

Daytime shots - look how boring everyone thinks we are.
Night time shots - oh wait, what's this red lairy loud thing, we're cool (and the engine will be 'similar' to the F1 one, so you'll want to buy it)

They're still using the concept, as they did with the last advert, so assume that'll be it until Geneva in March when final specs, pricing and the real deal will be on show, ready for the summer 2015 sales to begin.

I thought it was clever, but the revs of the car didn't match the driving, and never really sounded like he was thrashing it. Also, they made it seem like there was quite a lot of cabin drone from the exhausts.

No new videos there

It's an interactive video, so most likely won't work on mobile devices. Definitely there on my laptop.

I thought it was clever, but the revs of the car didn't match the driving, and never really sounded like he was thrashing it. Also, they made it seem like there was quite a lot of cabin drone from the exhausts.

I was just enjoying pressing R too much to notice :)

got it..............the sound is amazing...........but i presume the road car wont sound anything close to that

It's clever but I can't help but feel confused with what the message is.

I enjoyed watching it but was that because of the whole chase scenario, I feel they could of had any car in that R advert as it doesn't really show anything about the car. I agree that the non matching revs & gear changes were way out of sync to the speed the car was going which felt a tad naff.

If I'm honest i was expecting more from Honda from their big build up to 30.10.14, I feel we needed more at this stage. I'm starting to get the feeling they're unsure themselves & what's with the Egyptian theme :confused:

I really like that video/videos. I think the whole concept is superb and the style and execution is sublime.

Yes the sound is not perfect, and that is irritating to purists like ourselves, but the message is very well conveyed. One of my favourite things about the type-R is the split personality; it's just a Honda civic most of the time, but it has a dangerous and feral beast straining at the leash inside. I can't imagine a better way to portray this than Honda have done in this video.

I love it.

Back