• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It's not a JCW Mart, it's a GP. Far better car ;)
Friend of mine has a mark one Cooper GP. It's some fun. Mad a a box of frogs and ugly as sin handles like a go kart and goes like a rocket and with no back seat loads of room for shopping.

Does look good in red, but I want to see blue and polished metal!

A lot of non-GT cars as press and promo cars so it seems. I can't see them selling many of that one TBH.

May not have to wait long before we see the choices, I was on Hondas page yesterday and they were still showing the concept car, just been back on and it's now showing the Cw version with a "click here to view a finance example" I clicked but nothing happened

Last edited by a moderator:
Six races into the BTCC season. Honda with three 1st places and two 2nd places in different rounds. Pretty impressive start for the new car-must be something pretty special underneath!

Spotted in the wild.

tapatalk_1429263582930.jpeg

These look pretty sick.

Bet they have more presence in the flesh than some of the pictures are showing.

For example, the red here looks so much better than the one dweezle posted above.

It's funny, the wheels are huge but they almost look small on the black one above! Does look mean though. Those front arches Are fat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;8oF8SU4jU90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oF8SU4jU90[/video]

[video=youtube;0GjqnZwP6fk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GjqnZwP6fk[/video]

That 2nd clip snuck in under the radar :), bit disappointed as I was expecting a bit more grunt but that could be changed, the 1st clip it snarls at 7secs in which I liked, and I reckon I've definitely chosen the right colour :D

Front on it does look pretty cool. That engine really sounds like it needs it tappets adjusted though, tick over doesn't sound great IMO.

I think it's awesome. I passed a new civic sx? I think on the way to work this morning with the lights on and even that looked good. This will look mean in the metal!

Front on it does look pretty cool. That engine really sounds like it needs it tappets adjusted though, tick over doesn't sound great IMO.

I thought it sounded tappety too. Quite a lot of engines sound like that though. Not a great purr I admit.

That's how direct-injection engines sound when the hood is open. They work with pressures around 200 bar/2900psi, you probably heard the fuel injection valves.
That's if you mean that, I don't really know what "tappety" means since i'm from Germany :)

But the bonnet isn't open, so that's a very noisy engine. I know DI engines have a distinct sound but I've never heard one that loud with the bonnet down....especially a brand new car as well.

Also that's another point these being DI will be a right ball ache when the intake valves need walnut blasting to clean them out. The Mini R56 and the BMW 335i both suffer when they start clogging up, IIRC they need cleaning at 30-40k intervals.

It could be coming through the upper vents, also I'm not sure what the front end on this is made out of, I know when I went vented bonnet & fenders on my fn2 you could clearly hear the tappety engine, I remember worrying for wks because I kept hearing new noises :lol:

Back