• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

So I'm standing outside my work having a smoke and I catch the tail end of the CTR drive past. Run like a prat out of the car park to catch a glimpse of it. Trip and fall flat on my face. Look up and its gone. Anyway it was a Championship white.

I have to say from what I saw it does look epic.

Wood Lane, Stanmore.

Is it someone's on here?

So I'm standing outside my work having a smoke and I catch the tail end of the CTR drive past. Run like a prat out of the car park to catch a glimpse of it. Trip and fall flat on my face. Look up and its gone. Anyway it was a Championship white.

I have to say from what I saw it does look epic.

Wood Lane, Stanmore.

Is it someone's on here?

im too busy laughing at you falling over chasing a new type-R :D Bad I know but just the way you told the story lol

General consensus is that it was at one of the dealer training days.

Had a test drive today. Well, it's pretty damn epic!

Echo the sentiments on here-much better looking in the flesh. Plenty of people walking past taking photos.

Stupidly quick, but also more refined than my M200. The suspension is a huge improvement.

Missed the VTEC growl, no doubt about it, but that and the 5k life on the tyres were the only downsides for me. Very tempted.

Will be interested to hear the views of owners over the coming weeks!

I doubt people will stick to these tyres once shot, my dealer said they're exclusively for this car only for 6mths before being released so you can bet a hefty Honda price tag

What are the tyres? Are they semi slick cup2 type tyres? If so discard all judgments made of the car until it's on normal rubber lol.

I've emailed Honda Ireland about release dates etc over here. What's the confirmed Co2 emissions in UK?

What are the tyres? Are they semi slick cup2 type tyres? If so discard all judgments made of the car until it's on normal rubber lol.

Continental Sport Contact 6, but a version developed specifically for this car.

Since Sport Contact 6s aren't being released for 6 months, you can't buy this Honda special one ether, unless you go through the dealers.

I love how people moan about the tyres. It's a super performance machine. Putting cheap ass tyres will remove some of the handling attributes. Buy a prius if cost concerns you so much haha.... Seriously though, I never get why people buy a performance car then skimp on tyres. It's like buying a Ferrari then removing the engine and putting in a 2L instead.

Shame one of them has been binned already. I guess no matter how good a car is its only ultimately as capable as its driver. Poor Honda. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

€570 road tax over here. Extortion in comparison to UK prices but we've only been doing Tax on Co2 since July 2008. Any 2.0 car registered pre July 2008 is €770.

I love how people moan about the tyres. It's a super performance machine. Putting cheap ass tyres will remove some of the handling attributes. Buy a prius if cost concerns you so much haha.... Seriously though, I never get why people buy a performance car then skimp on tyres. It's like buying a Ferrari then removing the engine and putting in a 2L instead.

Shame one of them has been binned already. I guess no matter how good a car is its only ultimately as capable as its driver. Poor Honda. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't get me started on tyres, it's a personal gripe of mine. :lol:

Back