• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Bugger just got an email

The delivery date for your car has been push back a little as Honda were not happy with the quality of some of its parts, the new delivery date is now 25/01/2016 if I get any other updates I will of course keep you up to date.

Its was Dec 22nd before
Isnt this the fourth different excuse for a delayed delivery in the last month?

I wonder if that includes some of the parts fitted to models already released?

Just fills me with confidence concidering its gone wrong once already!

And im seeing about one fk2 a day so far over the last week so there getting common as muck lol

Todays one was a fellow member torque in Yeovil was close proximity to a shell garage ;)

Nearly wobbled tonight. A different local dealer has a white unregistered GT in that I could have by the weekend...

I wouldn't want white though and it's only out of not having a car that I wobbled though. It's been 3.5 months now.

Nearly wobbled tonight. A different local dealer has a white unregistered GT in that I could have by the weekend...

I wouldn't want white though and it's only out of not having a car that I wobbled though. It's been 3.5 months now.

Just get the Vtec App Loxy lol. I have it on my iPhone :D

I reckon it's because you're not convinced the BMW is that much better.

Look what's happening, you do a deal on a beemer and start saying you feel old.

Get the TypeR and enjoy it. Deep down it's the car you want.

I reckon it's because you're not convinced the BMW is that much better.

Look what's happening, you do a deal on a beemer and start saying you feel old.

Get the TypeR and enjoy it. Deep down it's the car you want.

You've almost said it there yourself. Much better, so you are agreeing that it is better? :lol:

:lol: at getting old. Is that from the gym thread? Aye in that I don't recover as quickly as I did 10 years ago, and it's getting harder to train at the same intensity. That being said, my current routine is kicking me in the nuts.

I've two really big problems with the Honda. The first is that for the mundane that you do with it, the 95% of driving, even down country lanes you are either stuck in traffic or behind someone else unable to overtake for the constant stream of cars coming the other way. The joys of rush hour driving. In that 95% of the time, the CTR feels exactly the same as the wife's car. The only difference being you bruise your leg getting in and out of it on the pinch point between the bolster and the wheel bottom.

All the touch points are the same, the display and dash is the same (bar some red lighting if you are brave enough to press +R) and the steering feel at low speeds is the same. Down side being that the ride is stiffer than the wife's.

This wouldn't be a problem if you're in a situation like Dotty, where you drive a van all day at work and you pull the FK2 out at evenings or weekends when the roads are quieter and you can have a play, but that's not what most of the driving will be for me. So what am I spending £33k for?

The BMW does that mundane very very well, massively so over the FK2 and is very different to the wife's (confusingly named) FK2. It feels like you can tell where the £33k has been spent.

Then there is the 5%. You'll be able to imagine the evening run out or weekend blasts to the coast in the CTR. Great. However the BMW has the party trick of the adaptive suspension, with a sport+ mode where you can actually back the suspension off to comfort for hooning around with the loose traction and improved throttle map settings without needing a chiropractor afterwards.

Then there is the glorious straight 6 proper BMW sound to it, that to be honest the CTR just can't hold a candle to.

So, in a nutshell too much like the base car off boost and we already have the base car (well ES-T). It's all about that turbo.

The second thing is how Honda seemed so keen for me to cancel my order. Completely baffled by it. I've never been in such a situation where I felt so strongly that I didn't want a company to have my money.

It was my first experience in buying a new car in 8 or 9 years. I swore I never would again, but here was this car that was so much better than the FN2 I had that was bouncing around on the 19" wheels and I had to have it. Smitten. However the buying experience completely turned me against the car to the point where I didn't want it any more and it had become a source of stress and dread speaking to the dealer. Even if it is the car I want deep down, the experience has tainted this car to me now and I won't enjoy it. So again, I'm paying £33k for a car that's going to remind me how I was treated by the company that made it? Nope.

To be fair the dealer was great and you can't blame him because Honda hadn't even told them production had stopped and there were problems with the car.

I'm 3.5 months now without a car of my own. If I'd have kept my order I still wouldn't have the car now, although my due date was 10 November.

This is all thanks to Honda in the main for telling me to sell my part ex private as soon as I could because the car was likely to come early. Ha, bloody ironic that.

IMAG3585.jpg

IMAG3584.jpg

IMAG3583.jpg

I've kept them for a giggle really, well it started off as that. It's more of a martyr pile now.

However I'm now back to waiting, but on another manufacturer now. 3 weeks in, 5 to go. God help the dealer if this one is delayed or worse arrives with the wrong spec and has to go back. I'll go medieval.

That ticket pile is ace.

Contrary to everything you've written above, the BMW is by far the more boring car. There's a million of them on the road. There are never going to be many of these Civics. I bet a tiny part of you regrets it when you forget which car in the car park is yours ;)

the BMW is by far the more boring car. There's a million of them on the road

In what sense boring? Just looks wise? Regarding the driving experience I've read nothing but good things.
Also tbf there are a lot of 1 series on the road, but I've not seen any M135i LCI in the flesh, only the 116/118d.

God help the dealer if this one is delayed or worse arrives with the wrong spec and has to go back. I'll go medieval.

Therein lies the difference. BMW are the sort to step up and loan you something in the meantime.

I'm baffled they wanted you to cancel! Is that £6.50 s ticket? You should start posting them to Honda. One by one. With messages written on the back. "You did this."

I'm baffled they wanted you to cancel! Is that £6.50 s ticket? You should start posting them to Honda. One by one. With messages written on the back. "You did this."

:lol: that's very Patrick Bateman

Posted on another forum:

Honda Germany actually stopped the delivery of the FK2R.
As I heard, they have some issues with overheating.

Last weekend there was an Honda event in Boxberg which called High performance days.
Some of the new FK2R's runed into the emergency program during test session.

There is an official paper from Honda which says that they are working on the problems now.......but still no further news.

Quite sure that delivered cars will get an callback soon.

Anyone in UK have heard about that too?

Think I'll wait for the BMW.

It's hardly surprising. I don't think Honda have never made a high powered turbocharged petrol? Other manufacturers have had years of experience.

True. Let's behonest most car manufacturers have had some issues in the past and had cars recalled. A pain for the customer. Let's hope Honda get it sorted.

"passed" a M135 yesterday on the A30 driving home... could have been any old BMW they all look the same!! Boring as "Shifty" said.. Loxy you'll have a few more wobblies once you have it and get passed by an fk2...:) - get back on board!! :)

Back