• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I went to a Honda dealer, they investigated and Spoke to Honda UK. There are definitely no paint codes available for the black alloys or red stripe. I find that hard to believe but they are adamant. There is no colour information on file for Type R alloys.

So.

37426394326_00f3e86c93_k.jpg

I went to a local paint company and went through all their colour books, offering up the chips to the wheel. The closest match i could find was this red (used on the S2000 / NSX i think).

It was virtually identical if not an exact match. (BMW Rot Red is virtually spot-on too).

They didn't have a Rallye Red paint chip for me to check.

I cant be 100% sure its exact but New Formula Red is a very good match for the Type R alloys red stripe.

I went to a Honda dealer, they investigated and Spoke to Honda UK. There are definitely no paint codes available for the black alloys or red stripe. I find that hard to believe but they are adamant. There is no colour information on file for Type R alloys.

So.

37426394326_00f3e86c93_k.jpg

I went to a local paint company and went through all their colour books, offering up the chips to the wheel. The closest match i could find was this red (used on the S2000 / NSX i think).

It was virtually identical if not an exact match. (BMW Rot Red is virtually spot-on too).

They didn't have a Rallye Red paint chip for me to check.

I cant be 100% sure its exact but New Formula Red is a very good match for the Type R alloys red stripe.

19" 'Cobra' wheels

Paint codes: Milano Red (R-81) and Berlina Black (NH-547)

Hope that helps

Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was reading this article today and this line...

26679886519_1cd79cd490_b.jpg

... made me think about the FK2 and how many were built for UK shores. e.g. How many Clio Williams are left around today and how sought after they are.

I've always shrugged it off as hearsay but it does seem on face value that the FK2 may go on to be sought after and valuable. In many many years.

I was reading this article today and this line...

26679886519_1cd79cd490_b.jpg

... made me think about the FK2 and how many were built for UK shores. e.g. How many Clio Williams are left around today and how sought after they are.

I've always shrugged it off as hearsay but it does seem on face value that the FK2 may go on to be sought after and valuable. In many many years.

Hasn't yours got, like a million miles on it though? :p

Hey, i'm doing a favour to all those who want but can't quite afford an FK2, when mine hits market, it will have depreciated to FN2 prices and if you had the choice between FN2 and FK2.... quickest. sale. ever :lol:

:(

I think FK2 prices have held up really well over the last year even with the launch of the FK8 .

They only produced 2150 for the UK market and i would imagine a good few have been written off already with more to come which will make it rarer than it already is now.

The amount of FK8's produced for the UK will dwarf that of the FK2 and a 2 year old FK8 would be worth alot less than a 2 year old FK2 is worth today as there will be thousands more available.
Obviously this is only my logical opinion..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't count on it guys - Mugen 200s are falling, as I experienced to my cost and there were obviously, only 200 of those. Exclusivity doesn't always reflect on prices sadly.

^^^ True.

Bottom line always is. Does anybody want to buy one. With the new model out and nearly new examples and ex demos now available. What would your average punter rather have. The hyped-car-of-the-moment new shape one?! Or the old shape one?!

In 20 years roles will probably reverse, but is anybody planning on glass-boxing their FK2 for 20 years. Nah, drive the thing, smash its back doors in.

For those that do glass box them though, they may reap rewards.

I personally think the FK2 prices are going to fall due to the way the FK8 residuals will work out.

^^^ True.

Bottom line always is. Does anybody want to buy one. With the new model out and nearly new examples and ex demos now available. What would your average punter rather have. The hyped-car-of-the-moment new shape one?! Or the old shape one?!

In 20 years roles will probably reverse, but is anybody planning on glass-boxing their FK2 for 20 years. Nah, drive the thing, smash its back doors in.

For those that do glass box them though, they may reap rewards.

Exactly. I bought a daily to keep the M200 pristine (although I'd already done miles on it) and there was zero reflection on the price in the end, so with my new one, I'm just going to drive it and enjoy it.

Back