• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Can't remember the thread regarding the aluminium alloy debate but I've just come across this Fk2 alloy up for sale on eBay and it confirms what I read on my box back in 2015
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-Genui...r:2015&hash=item3f91bcf5c2:g:70kAAOSwO9JZ-eWc

Picture for future reference:

EDIT:
Just remembered it was a magnesium aluminium debate and this picture doesn't confirm what my box said back in 2015 :lol:
But does look like Honda have now changed the label to just aluminum to stop the confusion I caused :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m at work today and happened to notice my old car is still up for sale a month after the dealer bought it , time of year or highly priced ?

87aeffab51d5be0ef37121a8dbd4a3e6.jpg
b48dfdc8ed4e3d4fc62c965b0913df40.jpg
acc6e8891095a95a787e033e33f857c8.jpg

Passed by earlier and it’s still there :(

Kinda want to get it back. It’s a good one :lol:

2c91242bdc32ce4597f6039324b0f9b5.jpg

Spotted one on eBay at the weekend for just shy of 22k 16 plate with 7772 miles on the clock, including service package, listers Honda Solihull, not what I wanted to see if I'm honest.

Also spotted an fk8 up for 29k private sale, I think that's the first private sale one I've spotted

Generic FK2 Civic Type R Discussion

Spotted one on eBay at the weekend for just shy of 22k 16 plate with 7772 miles on the clock, including service package, listers Honda Solihull, not what I wanted to see if I'm honest.

Also spotted an fk8 up for 29k private sale, I think that's the first private sale one I've spotted

Christ I got 20K from Honda on my FK2 as PX on 23,000 miles

I believe that they sold it for 23k

Last edited by a moderator:
They may turn up on a forum or social media at some point..... Just remember this statement 'we know absolutely nothing about this particular motor vehicle. Never seen it before' :getcoat:

p.s. I hope you took off the type-r-owners window graphic.

Hi all,

I’m sure I had an account but 3yrs after selling my FN2 I’m researching a FK2 as my current cars replacement. Just looking for some info on simple stuff with regards to running costs services, wear items etc and if there’s anything that I should watch out for?

Thanks

Hi all,

I’m sure I had an account but 3yrs after selling my FN2 I’m researching a FK2 as my current cars replacement. Just looking for some info on simple stuff with regards to running costs services, wear items etc and if there’s anything that I should watch out for?

Thanks

I'd say go for it, they're at a cracking price at the minute, running costs are minimal for myself 2 weeks on a tank, 1 service a year, 6 month oil service, tyres will eat your wallet if you stick to the continentals, I'm 13k in on my assy 3 tyres.

Look for carbon packs as they're now discontinued

I'd say go for it, they're at a cracking price at the minute, running costs are minimal for myself 2 weeks on a tank, 1 service a year, 6 month oil service, tyres will eat your wallet if you stick to the continentals, I'm 13k in on my assy 3 tyres.

Look for carbon packs as they're now discontinued

Oil change every 6months???
I do 12,000miles a year and I need to change the oil every 6months? Why?

13k on the eagles, thats good. Whats the pilot sport 4s like for the FK2?

Aslong as its a champ white GT car I’ll be happy.

Back