• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I'm by no means an expert in predicting future values but Honda have never had cars that hold their value in the UK. Then again neither has anyone else really in the hot hatch market except Foad RSs which are the exception.

Imports have only held their value as they still cost good money to get into the country.

There are Cat D FK2s floating about at £15k, I don't think it will take another 2 years to get straight ones below that.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Honda-Civic-2-0-i-VTEC-Type-R-s-s-5dr/312237461069

:asw:

Granted it's a non-GT, but hey...

Probably not. The post was from May in reply to a suggestion that cars would be worth 50% value after 5 years. 5 months later, prices are still pretty much as they were.

Ye, Cat S is structural, so I wouldn't touch it either.

Private sales aren't shifting that quick either, few on eBay have been on for some time now

I'm not surprised. They don't appear to be as bullet proof as the earlier EP3/FN2's, so running one without any form of warranty wouldn't be an attractive proposition to the average punter.

For anyone keeping an eye on my clutch issues from a few pages back, i think i'm sorted now.

got a braided clutch hose delivered on monday so that was final waiting point to take another look at my shift issue. I didnt need to change it, but for £25 i figured why not since i needed the system empty to remove CDV.
So, replaced rubber flex with braided hose, removed CDV, re-bled and clutch feels better than factory. Rev hang has all but gone which i put mostly down to ECU/DMF but seems related to CDV. shifts are far smoother and the rev match between shifting more naturally occurs now. bite point doesn't seem to be moving around either.

the CDV removal guide for 10g models is same for 9gen, but definitely will need a pick set and a vice. wire circlip was a PITA - i don't know why they didn't use a regular circlip.

what i think did it for me was to undo the 10mm nut on the flex clutch hose bracket, slave cylinder side. this allows the slave cylinder to be moved around so easy to get bleed nipple vertical rather than bleed it in place (horizontal).

How do you get rid of the small scratches that somehow appear on the shiny gloss boot trim and the diffuser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody know of w88_jsn, spotted a few of his mods up for sale on eBay,
Shame if he's selling up as his FK2 was a stunner to look at

:lol:

m8mdz9.jpg

I scout eBay daily to see what's popping up, I'm not interested in his mods, I used to see his posts on Instagram and loved what he had done to his Cw, he's also done a YouTube clip with some Honda YouTuber,
A shame if he is selling up

How do you get rid of the small scratches that somehow appear on the shiny gloss boot trim and the diffuser?

cover it up. i can recommend carbon :p still got my eyes on the CF boot garnish from Hendy. doubt you'll ever find one used as once it's on they wont come off without cracking imo.

shame i aint got the money for his eventuri. it's on my wish list but only when i actually have the funds to spare. maybe year 5 or 6....

I scout eBay daily to see what's popping up, I'm not interested in his mods, I used to see his posts on Instagram and loved what he had done to his Cw, he's also done a YouTube clip with some Honda YouTuber,
A shame if he is selling up

He’s looking at going German now. A35 amg is on his radar.

cover it up. i can recommend carbon :p still got my eyes on the CF boot garnish from Hendy. doubt you'll ever find one used as once it's on they wont come off without cracking imo.

shame i aint got the money for his eventuri. it's on my wish list but only when i actually have the funds to spare. maybe year 5 or 6....

They do come off, fishing line a hell of a lot of patience and residue remover and it’s good, I bought a whole bootlid with that carbon and the spoiler and removed it, currently sat at home un-damaged, it’s only 3M double sided tape holding it on

yeah, i know it's only sticky taped on. very expensive for what it is.
is it the genuine CF garnish or the PMC version? had PMC but it got removed. £200 for something so flexible and thin and i swear it started to turn yellow after about a year... is the genuine version stiffer?

yeah, i know it's only sticky taped on. very expensive for what it is.
is it the genuine CF garnish or the PMC version? had PMC but it got removed. £200 for something so flexible and thin and i swear it started to turn yellow after about a year... is the genuine version stiffer?

Yeah it’s genuine, it’s fairly flexible as well but I wasn’t totally surprised about that, I was surprised even Honda only use the 3M tape attach it, no worse than PMC but to their credit PMC is very good, at the end of the day it’s all aesthetic parts so there’s no real reason for them to do multiple layers of carbon to get some level of rigidity there’s no performance gain from any of it, although I did notice the rear wing seemed noticeably lighter than my standard one

Back