• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Perhaps someone more mechanically able that me could shoe horn an RS3 engine into an FK8?

RS3 is the more powerful car for sure. And would win the traffic light grand prix every time. I would argue that the FK8 is the quicker car in terms of point to pint pace.

Both great cars.

RS3 is the more powerful car for sure. And would win the traffic light grand prix every time. I would argue that the FK8 is the quicker car in terms of point to pint pace.

Both great cars.

In the dry on a technical bit of road I totally agree with you....

On mildy moist or wet roads then thats when the Quattro system comes into its element. Weather really makes no difference to its performance.

I would add though that I still think the FK8 owner would enjoy their drive more.

Shouldn't drink and drive mate

The RS3 isn't that much quicker. And certainly doesn't go round corners like an FK8.

James Mills who is a car reviewer actually worth listening to, unlike Clarkson doesn't rate the RS3.

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-revie...e-focusrs-civic-typer-m140i-rs3-golfr-amga45/

If the RS3 is the better car in all these tests why is the Honda winning all the group tests and awards?

Mistercesq, absolutely right. The RS3 would be far superior in wet conditions

The RS3 isn't that much quicker. And certainly doesn't go round corners like an FK8.

James Mills who is a car reviewer actually worth listening to, unlike Clarkson doesn't rate the RS3.

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-revie...e-focusrs-civic-typer-m140i-rs3-golfr-amga45/

If the RS3 is the better car in all these tests why is the Honda winning all the group tests and awards?

Mistercesq, absolutely right. The RS3 would be far superior in wet conditions

I haven't said at any stage the RS3 is a better car, they are very different. The understeer and lack of turn in are eradicated when you take Audis optional wider front wheels (which is a box I ticked).

There is no dispute they FK8 is a better purists car, but the RS3 is a good every day all round weapon that isn't as extreme.

I haven't said at any stage the RS3 is a better car, they are very different. The understeer and lack of turn in are eradicated when you take Audis optional wider front wheels (which is a box I ticked).

There is no dispute they FK8 is a better purists car, but the RS3 is a good every day all round weapon that isn't as extreme.
Dont worie about it mate. There are some seriously over defensive FK8 owners on here!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Still deciding mate but will be mid march if i do.
Im still not convinced on the looks yet!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I love my FK8 but believe the RS3 is better in all ways apart from running costs.....that extra performance has to be paid for some way. I wouldn't like the £450 per year road tax up till the car was 6 years old.
An RS3 would destroy an FK8 from a standing start, with the latter really not being that quick.
Finally the Audi is so much more solidly built.
I love my FK8....but I'm not kidding myself it's better than it actually is. :)

I love my FK8 but believe the RS3 is better in all ways apart from running costs.....that extra performance has to be paid for some way. I wouldn't like the £450 per year road tax up till the car was 6 years old.
An RS3 would destroy an FK8 from a standing start, with the latter really not being that quick.
Finally the Audi is so much more solidly built.
I love my FK8....but I'm not kidding myself it's better than it actually is. :)

Question for you:

Would you rather have a Type R GT and £21,000 cash?

or,

An RS3 full loaded (bar a few pointless things)

You can’t really exploit the full potential of the fk2/8 on the U.K. roads unless you want a driving ban.

I would begrudgingly pay the asking price for an Audi RS3. I appreciate what they are about but they are not something I’d be interested in at all.

Back