• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I would bet my house that the police would never pull you for a remus or any aftermarket exhaust. Just look at the crazy pops and bangs the A45 has, the focus, and even that pesky I30....they never get a tug I am sure.

If its the size of a dustbin sticking out the back of a corsa and the windows are shaking in Paris more of a target

I would bet my house that the police would never pull you for a remus or any aftermarket exhaust. Just look at the crazy pops and bangs the A45 has, the focus, and even that pesky I30....they never get a tug I am sure.

If its the size of a dustbin sticking out the back of a corsa and the windows are shaking in Paris more of a target

I concur. No way in hell you will ever get pulled by the police for any exhaust you fit to an FK8. Think of Ferrari's / Porsche's with their valved exhausts - louder than anything you can do to an FK8

Ha ha! I guess there are ways to make you more of a target. I was a gnats whisker away from buying an A45 with a sports exhaust an all, but sacked it off due to apathy from the dealer and vague lead times.

Ha ha! I guess there are ways to make you more of a target. I was a gnats whisker away from buying an A45 with a sports exhaust an all, but sacked it off due to apathy from the dealer and vague lead times.

Id have one in a heartbeat, but I think you did the right thing as the new one is coming out soon, and it would be a bit pants when you are sitting at the lights all happy and a new one rocks up next to you with its 18" infotainment screens, 440 BHP and a smug git behind the wheel

Ha ha! In retrospect, it was only an option for me with the Aeropack. Drove really nice but the CTR just put a grin on my face so wide, I know it was the one! :cool:

It was the m2 HKS copy, so big fat jap cannon on the end.
The cop that pulled me over wasn't a local cop, he was from another region in an unmarked 6 series.
He had a real attitude problem though, I'm always nice as pie to cops, being a d1ck gets you nowhere

EP3 with jap cannon will draw unwanted attention.

Saying that I got stopped before that in my first ep3 with unsilenced spoon exhaust and they just laughed about the exhaust, telling my it sounded like an air raid siren.

They cant give you points for it though.

Run the HKS unsilenced now with 4-2-1 and never had any bother when overtaking cops on motorway etc.

It will be a rare occurrence and always worth running aftermarket exhaust :)

You could wait for martelius to release a system as they usually do a limited first release deal, talking a few hundred off.
Have theirs on my fk2 and the burbles and pops are spot on

Not much change from £3k...

https://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/prods/detail/000000000000002321/00000000000000005172/00001732

c6326486ef92349c82476e80a0bfe955.jpg
db9e3bae6c3c404bd43d9250ceac9bd9.jpg

Have you had it fitted yet dotty?

I like the look of the Fuji but sounds to mild mannered for me. The graham Rahal is the best exhaust I’ve seen so far but shipping is currently coming in at £1600

https://www.civicx.com/threads/grp-ctr-exhaust-ready-to-roll.21995/page-3#post-376322

Not yet . The first batch haven’t arrived in the U.K. yet. I have heard it will be arriving in April.

There were only a few on my shortlist

1 - hks

2 - Fujitsubo - can’t justify over £2k on an exhaust though.

3- milltek part resonated - though these are in too many parts and are prone to knocking.

In the end the hks has swung it for me , particularly for what I paid.

Not yet . The first batch haven’t arrived in the U.K. yet. I have heard it will be arriving in April.

There were only a few on my shortlist

1 - hks
R
2 - Fujitsubo - can’t justify over £2k on an exhaust though.

3- milltek part resonated - though these are in too many parts and are prone to knocking.

In the end the hks has swung it for me , particularly for what I paid.

Where did you get the HKS from and do you mind saying how much you paid ?

Ironically, while there is a law about road vehicles noise, its hardly ever enforced in my experience. Your more likely to not get onto a track day with a louder exhaust as they are very strict due to their neighbours complaints etc...

Apart from the time that I got pulled and was informed that if I were to continue driving with my exhaust fitted and were pulled again that the police would kindly remove my vehicle from my ownership and have it crushed...

Apart from the time that I got pulled and was informed that if I were to continue driving with my exhaust fitted and were pulled again that the police would kindly remove my vehicle from my ownership and have it crushed...
Section 59?

Slightly OT, but I am following the thread because I think I need a better sounding exhaust on my car... but...

This is the engine and exhaust on my Ultima. As you can see, there is no silencers or cats. I had the boxes removed and replaced with straight through pipe. About a month after doing it I was heading home from a car show and went into my nearest KFC to get take-away food at the same time as there was what looked like a local Cruise meet in another part of the carpark. Fair to say that nothing came close to the Ult in terms of noise but it was the kids in the other cars that were getting the attention of the carpark security folk. Funny in a way, but I remember having a fairly loud (and chavy) Vauxhall Nova back in the day and wouldn't have found it so funny.

MikhOVL.jpg

Back