• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Apart from the time that I got pulled and was informed that if I were to continue driving with my exhaust fitted and were pulled again that the police would kindly remove my vehicle from my ownership and have it crushed...

Older car, clearly modded, more of a target. Newer ones straight from factory are louder these days so get a pass

Section 59?

Not on that occasion. I'd had a few on different occasions but in this instance it was just an on the spot fine and the promise of crushing my car if I didn't take the RR off.

Older car, clearly modded, more of a target. Newer ones straight from factory are louder these days so get a pass

I've found that most new cars are stupendously quiet these days. Hell, the GT-R needs a straight through Y-pipe just to be able to hear the slightest of noise whilst driving!

But the exhaust in question being 140+ dB wasn't the most subtle of things! :lol:

little too raspy for me, but did like what sounded like an over run gargle (not quite a pop or bang!)..

I wold also say that the boost controller under the bonnet would be a worry come any warranty work.....but appreciate not everyone is concerned.

little too raspy for me, but did like what sounded like an over run gargle (not quite a pop or bang!)..

I wold also say that the boost controller under the bonnet would be a worry come any warranty work.....but appreciate not everyone is concerned.

Yeah slightly too raspy, but like you say a bit of gurgle which is nice.

So if 3 people want this exhaust they can do the shipping for $300 each. So far there’s me! Comes with 200 cel down pipe and straight through exhaust and boost controlled actuator

Oooooh who is gonna be the first Brit to get an exhaust!! Sadly not me....gonna get the Remus when the funds allow and my balls get bigger (more the latter)

You ok now dweezle seems you were having a moment yesterday when I thought you were gonna give the car to charity get a Prius and wear sandals :D :p

See dream have fitted their Js racing exhaust, not a pretty looking exhaust, looks like 2 bits of air duct pipe hanging out of the back

I think the js system looks like a slinky

e67a2ad76cf5a482475f1633426bfbde.jpg

I’ve never been a fan of any js racing product really.

Good comparison of their new designs. Granted I preferred the mandrel bent pipes of old instead of the multiple angled sections welded together.

Not sure if the quality has lowered over the years/ post management shake-up, but my full system was of an exceptional quality.

I really need an exhaust as these sound proper lame compare to my last car and other car. A bit too subdued for my liking.

Anyone heard any of these exhausts in the flesh? Listened to a few in YouTube but hard to tell and allot sound a bit tractor like.

Also anyone know any good induction systems out. I see there is an injen but they are generally **** (they were when I had on on a car about 10 years ago anyway.)

Had £30k budget for car and I only spent £28 of that so hoping £2k will get me both.

There are a few to choose from , though for reference Dream were not impressed with the quality of the js racing item they have fitted to their fk8.

A few choices from America , some jdm ones - g-reddy , hks , fujitsubo. The fujitsubo being pretty pricey due to it being a full ti system.

Remus is a safe bet but pricey all things considered.

Milltek should be considered , but they come in about 6000 bits and are prone to knocking and may require adjusting once it has been fitted , these are popular though , every man and his dog has one on the fk2. Dare to be different

Edit to add ; I had both the road plus catback and the race version on the fk2 and although the race version sounded good - In hindsight it got a bit tiresome on the motorway. If going milltek I would go for the part resonated one (road plus)

Regarding intake. Eventuri is out imminently and Dream will take an order. The k&n panel is a safe bet if you want a bit of extra poke (negligible) injen was proven to be problematic on the fk2.

Eventuri would be my choice if I wasn’t too concerned with warranty woes... and if I could justify ~ £1k on an intake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom exhaust will save you quite a bit of money, or even remove a silencer,
Intakes, I reckon you will see a lot more popping up in the future so if the eventuri doesn't float your boat you could hold out, wouldn't surprise me if HKS release something

Thanks for the info all.

Thats a mad amount on an induction system, wouldn’t pay that much out of principle. Paying for the carbon which looks nice but mostly pointless.

Ref exhausts had a listen to them all and none sound brilliant it seems. I know someone who makes custom exhausts so will see if he thinks he can tune the sound to something half decent. Will let you know what he says.

Found this induction kit looks reasonable and is sealed which is a must for me.

https://frsport.com/takeda-momentum...H-980yvNioQG2ba_yM1YjvJ12KbuW48gaAt99EALw_wcB

Annoying as just back from the states but will get a mate to grab me on his next work trip as he goes in 2 weeks to save on shipping and import duty. Will report back what its like.

After looking around earlier at the options booked in to get a custom exhaust in May with a mate down in Cornwall who fabricates them. Will stay over so if its not to my liking we can play with the tone the following day.

Back