• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Not sure anyone's posted this vid.

Brand new FK8 has the engine pulled out in the interest of education, and the cars mechanicals are talked about in detail front to back.

I found it real interesting.

[video=youtube;E8YiRDodASE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8YiRDodASE[/video]

"Well, they couldn't possibly make it look worse..."

These journalists sure give the FK8 a slating about its looks!

I wasn't keen myself on the styling at first but i think it looks awesome now!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just went for a Friday night blast.....note to others, them golf GTE's are quick.....I am sure he had the had foot to the floor with all batteries set to warp speed and maybe even plugged his own phone in for good measure but kept me honest :(

The gte has a 0-62 of 7.6 should have walked it. Unless you're talking rolling start and then i'm amazed, as that's what the CTR is good at.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
The gearbox is assembled in Swindon from parts supplied from Japan.

Honda have identified the problem now and are in the process of testing a fix - I can tell you it's not the master cylinder.

Chris.
Thank you man! It's one of the best news I had this year. I wonder how long would it take for the change to be implemented in the production chain.

As somebody said earlier, I'm also having this car on my mind but holding off getting it. I tested it against M2 and FK8R ended up being more impressive. I am stunned every time I see one passing by, it's like a fighter jet on the street. But then the likely perspective of dealing with such complex repairs on a new car, at this price point, makes me put it off. Plus that I'd keep it longer than warranty therefore it needs to be reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gte has a 0-62 of 7.6 should have walked it. Unless you're talking rolling start and then i'm amazed, as that's what the CTR is good at.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

it was rolling, 30- to...erm Dual carriage way speeds....couldn't shake the g1t...

Back