• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

it was rolling, 30- to...erm Dual carriage way speeds....couldn't shake the g1t...
Dam one of my friends is getting rid of his GTI with the performance pack for a GTE. I was taking the ****, think im going to have to rethink that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sat in my dealer awaiting my 3rd service and there's not one fk8 in sight, 2 bog standard 10th gens sat in the showroom even a few out on the forecourt, Looks like they've sold the demo on already,
I'm still baffled how they call the 10th gen a hatchback, it's not exactly small to the eye

Sat in my dealer awaiting my 3rd service and there's not one fk8 in sight, 2 bog standard 10th gens sat in the showroom even a few out on the forecourt, Looks like they've sold the demo on already,
I'm still baffled how they call the 10th gen a hatchback, it's not exactly small to the eye

standard ones are still very rare in the south east for me....no figures to back this up but wonder if its been a bit of a sales flop over here...

California they are everywhere, with a good few sports being modded and made 'individual'

I've probably seen 3-4 standards since release, 1 drove past the house last week, still no fk8s yet, past a black fk2 last night near my home town so my 3 year prediction has started, I just hope that's the only one

Around this end of the South I've seen fewer FK2's than 8's, three of the latter and only one FK2. In terms of the boring non-Type R tenth gen, easily into the 20's locally. Which is surprising considering the nearest Honda dealer is almost 30 miles away and they don't deal with performance vehicles.

Strange, FK2's seem to be 10 a penny in Preston. I think I've seen 4 today alone, 2 on my walk at lunch! Barely seen a standard latest gen and seen a good few FK8s.

:rolleyes:
That I understand it's the length that surprises me, it's definitely in saloon territory
It is definitely a long and wide car. The physical size surprised me when I first got it....especially when reversing into my garage.
As said though....and of course you know this, a hatchback is defined by an opening tailgate, also known as a 5 door car. :)

Not all hatchbacks are 5 doors though, nor 3 doors. See the Civic EG hatch. 2 doors or 4 doors but still a hatchback. Split tailgate, just to be pedantic :D

Hauling318-2-525x350.jpg

Not all hatchbacks are 5 doors though, nor 3 doors. See the Civic EG hatch. 2 doors or 4 doors but still a hatchback. Split tailgate, just to be pedantic :D

Errr, no. Split tailgate is still a 3 door, because it gives access to the passenger compartment.

Unless you're American :lol:

But it's no longer a door, is it? Grey area. I'm not sure the existence of a bulkhead denotes 4 or 5 door, just hatch or saloon. Don't they have a name? Like a shooting back or something weird like that?

Oooh I do love a good pointless pedantic argument :lol:

You might say the biggest fault of the FK8 is that it is BIG...a bit oversized for narrow B roads.

Jazz type R needed?

But it's no longer a door, is it? Grey area. I'm not sure the existence of a bulkhead denotes 4 or 5 door, just hatch or saloon. Don't they have a name? Like a shooting back or something weird like that?

In what way is it no longer a door? A bulkhead exactly denotes it (even if it's removable i.e. folding seats). A shooting brake is originally a carriage for carrying shooting parties, but the term has been misused by all and sundry for whatever marketing purpose they fancy. At best, it's a coupe that a coachbuilder has converted with estate bodywork.

Fair point. A split barn door is still a door if I think about it in those terms. I always saw it as a hatch and a tailgate on the EG.

Re bulkhead though... A saloon with folding seats. That's not a hatchback, but there's no bulkhead.

Back