• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Have trade in values taken a nosedive for some reason?
A couple of weeks ago when I checked the CAP value of my car it was around 28k for the top price, but the same site is now quoting £26900. :confused:

Going the same pace as the FK2 went,
I also noticed RS direct have an 8 up for sale, again we saw the exact same with the FK2, RS put a ridiculous low price on that one, around 24-26k for a just released model.
We put that down as them being tactical as the new RS was released the same time

They can be picked up for under 29k USED. - car wow yesterday came in at 31999 for a new GT.

I have been keeping my eye on the market .. I’m also having sporadic and insane urges for a V8 M3 although a black one didn’t wow me as much as I thought..

I’m also having sporadic and insane urges for a V8 M3 although a black one didn’t wow me as much as I thought..

had mine out of the garage today, as an occasional use car they are amazing. I spend what i would have spent on petrol if i used it daily, on the monthly payments on my type r!. 15mpg is truly shocking. you can get more out of them, but the sound of the v8 at 8300 rpm is so addictive. I only do about 200 miles a month in mine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
After many years away from Honda, (dc2, dc5, s2000s) I decided to test an fk2. Though good I couldn't get on with the driving position/dash. The dealer then offered me a drive of a demo fk8 (£31k - 300 miles). Immediately it felt right and enjoyed it immensely. I want one.

I currently have a z4m coupe which I love but is becoming too much to use daily. The only thing stopping me is the finance deal of 10k down, £280 then £15k balloon. I've never done hp and think the 15k final payment is a showstopper as I've always owned my cars outright. Maybe I should wait until the prices come down a bit. How do you guys deal with the final payment.

As for the e92 m3 I found it a bit boring unless really on it and 15mpg is not fun much prefer my zed.

Look how much lower the NSX is compared to the FK8.
The standing start and rolling acceleration tests went exactly as I would have expected. Once the FK8 is moving it neutralises any advantages its competition have off the line. :)

That FK8 seemed surprisingly quick - quarter mile in 13.6 is quicker than I've seen in road tests.

Don't think this has been posted before.

[video=youtube_share;mVLS2LcnKK8]https://youtu.be/mVLS2LcnKK8[/video]

07a1c685fc736e35575a5c2b6e571afa.jpg

Just took my car into the dealer for the usual rattles.

Picked up the loaner boggo civic fk8. My god it sounds amazing!!why haven’t they been able to deliver the same in the type r! It sounds like a straight six. It has a lovely harshness and vibration. Gobsmacked give my they type r engine has so little character ! Also the seat goes lower!

Great car !

The latest gen civic hatch - fk8 model think it was a 1.5 turbo. Sounded incredible - can not understand how they haven’t translated it to the r
Sorry you just confused me when you said "boggo civic fk8", because that could only be the non GT model. :D
Yes they only do the 1.0 and 1.5 in the current petrol range with 127bhp and 180bhp respectively.
Courtesy cars are usually lower powered models...but could be a 1.5. :)
1.5 engine is only available in Sport, Sport Plus and Prestige trim.

It was the 1.5L Civic Sport that convinced me to try the FK8 having been underwhelmed by the FK2 and initially the FK8 styling. The Sport handles superbly and is a lot of fun, so it was a no brainer to get the FK8.

It was the 1.5L Civic Sport that convinced me to try the FK8 having been underwhelmed by the FK2 and initially the FK8 styling. The Sport handles superbly and is a lot of fun, so it was a no brainer to get the FK8.

I've realised its actually the 1l turbo. So its a 3 cylinder. Absolutely fantastic engine!

Back