• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Interesting...although I could have done without the hysterical girl like presentation.

Wish I could go back a few years when a good NSX could be had for £25k!

Another thing...when the NSX was introduced the Jap manufacturers were adhering to a 280 power limit,but I think it was generally recognised that later versions like that one actually had more like 320.

...or clutch not fully down,so driver error?
Although I am aware that Honda synchros are not always the best.Nearly 20 years ago I bought a 3 month old ex demo Accord type R and the synchro was weak on fifth gear.
Honda knew about the problem and it was fixed under warranty and OK thereafter.

Look how much lower the NSX is compared to the FK8.
The standing start and rolling acceleration tests went exactly as I would have expected. Once the FK8 is moving it neutralises any advantages its competition have off the line. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounded like it crunched in to second gear (4m20)
I heard this too....didn't sound healthy, and I bet the car's owner also noticed it. ;)
I also noticed the car had the upper tailgate spoiler fitted but looks like the centre section was in black to match the rear wing. :)

I heard this too....didn't sound healthy, and I bet the car's owner also noticed it. ;)

Let's not get too bothered about this,if you are going to bash through every first/second gearchange as fast as you can then you are going to mistime some and not have the clutch properly down.
If there is a synchro problem then changing down into second at,say,50mph will find it out...and then it's a fault and a certain warranty claim...with possibly uprated parts fitted you would hope.

Let's not get too bothered about this,if you are going to bash through every first/second gearchange as fast as you can then you are going to mistime some and not have the clutch properly down.
If there is a synchro problem then changing down into second at,say,50mph will find it out...and then it's a fault and a certain warranty claim...with possibly uprated parts fitted you would hope.

https://youtu.be/5v_j9Ct2jrQ

Mine has already had a new gearbox...

"A Honda Civic Type R quicker than an NSX with a 5 second lead" :lol:
The FK2 driver genuinely seemed pleased with himself there. :D
Watch it again with the sound muted you can clearly see the fk2 get off to a flying start that left the nsx in awe and the rest is history

Watch it again with the sound muted you can clearly see the fk2 get off to a flying start that left the nsx in awe and the rest is history
I saw that...the FK2 driver made a very good start.
There was no real point to that video IMO.
I would much rather have seen both cars starting at the same time to get an appreciation of how much faster the NSX is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back