• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Is that true. Well damn.
Now it makes sense why Boooouuuulltteer and yourself are doing what your doing with your new chariots.

As in not going nuts like we did with our FK2's?

Its not just a warranty thing, although that is large part of it. The FK8 really doesn't need anything.

The Eventuri is 1000 for 15bhp on the FK8. Where as it was 750 for 35bhp on the FK2. 15bhp is not worth the warranty IMO.

I'll be changing the exhaust at some point but in no rush as manufacturers are bringing new ones to the market all the time.

I have made valuable brake upgrades ready for track.

And my track wheels have been ordered

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest not much I will do, brakes and a little bit of theatre is all it needs. I'm teetering on the Remus and Eventuri though.

Called em up this morning –got my reserve deposit refunded.

The attitude of the salesman (Thomas) was shocking – this was Vertu Honda in Derby –

I’d like my deposit back please.

“why”

Just want to take my time, consider a few other cars, test drive a few bmw’s.

“let me speak to my manager……… that’s fine, will be refunded in 5 days, can I ask why you’ve changed your mind”

Like I said…want to take my time.

“but you seemed happy, the numbers were right, why….”

The car is overpriced for the amount of miles its on”

“but you said the price was fine, and all the other demonstrators will have increasing miles too”

(irrelevant and nonsensical…..if we assume demonstrator cars are all creeping up miles at similar rates….it would still make the Derby car overpriced).

Look I don’t want to get in an argument about it, please refund me, thank you. (said as politely as I could muster)

“…….hmm…yeh……(sighs and mutters something under breath).” puts phone down.

I mean seriously – what is that??? Unprofessional, uncalled for, this is business. If they cannot accept that there are other type R’s nationwide with significantly lower miles being offered at the same price…..thats on them, not me!

If I ever do buy a type R, it ain’t gonna be from Derby that’s for sure….

This is very interesting. I had a deposit on the same car from Vertu Derby just last week. Final offer we got to after a few days of negotiating was £29595, with £14000 at 0%.

I had second thoughts too, by my estimates the car will be worth p/X £18000 in 3 years so approx £3800 a year. Too much for me unfortunately. The more I read the forum, the more I'm being persuaded though !!

This is very interesting. I had a deposit on the same car from Vertu Derby just last week. Final offer we got to after a few days of negotiating was £29595, with £14000 at 0%.

I had second thoughts too, by my estimates the car will be worth p/X £18000 in 3 years so approx £3800 a year. Too much for me unfortunately. The more I read the forum, the more I'm being persuaded though !!

Did that include a service pack ?

I contacted Vertu Derby a few weeks before ordering a new car. They had a red demo car with about 300 miles on it.
Got to say, I found the salesman really evasive and not easy to deal with.
Appreciate that's a sample of one, but it put me off fairly quickly.

What does that include for the price?
I ask because the service pack costs £599.

Not too sure on the details but when I mentioned the service pack for a new one is £599, all they said was this wasn't available for ex demos/used cars and the equivalent would be £1395. Not sure if this was just salesmenship or honda offering a decent discount on the servicing for brand spankers.

You can purchase a service pack after purchase of the car (it’s what I did)

I think you pay £599 for one only if it’s bought with a new car..

On the subject of depreciation values. I’ve been looking around and as Ron mentioned earlier in this thread - px or trade in values for a 67 plate would be between the 28-29k mark.

This is a 2200 mile October 17 example. (Gt spec with 0 previous owners)

4402adf27f994028eb7ebda79361c6bd.jpg

Interestingly there’s not a lot in it - mine is an August 17 GT (demo , so one previous owner being the dealership) with 4000 miles and a rough valuation is

c21c3cd55efc13cf62c5b094d2838b61.jpg

So it’s deffo worth looking out for a nearly new example , the depreciation is already taken care of. I paid £29800 in November 17, so by my rough calculations having not bought a new one my car is worth only £1k less than had I bought it brand new.

Though as I understand it. Deals on new cars are there to be had due to sales being down 5% overall for Honda.

Last edited by a moderator:
First North Wales trip for work in the FK8 today. Has been a bit of a rite of passage with my previous EP3 and M200 making the trip too.

Frankly the car is ridiculous. I’m not anything special behind the wheel (as far as I know!) but the speed it handled everything at was unbelievable. My estimated arrival time just kept tumbling and it felt like a gentle cruise inside the car. People also pulled over to allow me past which never ever happens usually - I wasn’t tailgating! Genuinely not sure what would be faster in the hands of a normal.

Frankly the car is ridiculous. I’m not anything special behind the wheel (as far as I know!) but the speed it handled everything at was unbelievable. My estimated arrival time just kept tumbling .
I agree about the car, but with the amount of mobile speed traps springing up all over the place its just not worth exploring the cars capabilities in anything other short controlled bursts of enjoyment. :)
The majority of journeys can only be driven at the speed limit, so no significant advantage over say a 1.0 Corsa. :lol:

No point in buying a fast car then. Either buy the Corsa or just go out and have fun. You can't live in fear of the "what if's", just keep your eyes peeled. It isn't that hard.

I agree about the car, but with the amount of mobile speed traps springing up all over the place its just not worth exploring the cars capabilities in anything other short controlled bursts of enjoyment. :)
The majority of journeys can only be driven at the speed limit, so no significant advantage over say a 1.0 Corsa. :lol:

Unless you drive to North Wales!

Plus the speed limit to twisty stuff ratio is pretty generous, so you’d never be much over or you’d crash. Badly. I didn’t go over once of course.

No point in buying a fast car then. Either buy the Corsa or just go out and have fun. You can't live in fear of the "what if's", just keep your eyes peeled. It isn't that hard.
I hope you are not condoning speeding on the Queen's highway. ;)
Even the most alert driver can get caught out these days.
Just for the record I am certainly no angel....but in moderation. :twisted:

I wouldn't have a Corsa as my only car even if you paid me to drive it. :lol:

hahahaha the Derby crew just dropped the price of their car by £2k, right after the episode with me.
What a bunch of idiots - if they had actually bothered to listen to me, or, do their own research to see what other new Type R's were going for - and dropped their price in accordance - I'd have almost certainly called up my bank monday morning to sort the loan out.
Instead, i called them up to cancel the deposit, and the sales guy was still trying to get into an argument with me about it. Unbelievable.

I literally showed them a printout of every type R on the website and the prices of each......it seemed to go in one ear and out the other.

You'd think - if you were a sales guy at one of these places, rather than treating the customer like a moron - you'd go "hmm, if i was buying this car, what would I pay for it, given the market and other cars around?"
You'd at the very least - go to the honda approved used website.......and see what other dealerships were selling the car for.

but no. That would be a rational thing to do, wouldn't it.

27kJbwp.jpg

in some ways i'm glad it happened, because i'm going to buy a low miler E92 M3 instead for around 30k.

Not too sure on the details but when I mentioned the service pack for a new one is £599, all they said was this wasn't available for ex demos/used cars and the equivalent would be £1395. Not sure if this was just salesmenship or honda offering a decent discount on the servicing for brand spankers.

sounds like 'salesmanship' to me (i.e. lying), Honda website explains it here, http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/fixed-price-service-plan.html
unsure if this would be adjusted depending on the type of Honda, but the website doesn't suggest that.

Car salesmen are generally for me on the same level of as estate agents...maybe one rung below. I agree there are exceptions and you defo can get a particularly switched on dealerships, with staff who are petrol heads, but many are not. I knew more about the whole Honda range let alone the type R than my sales guy. They are paid pennies, most dealerships have high staff turnover, and they most probably at best got a GCSE in media studies....

rant over.

Back