• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Just uploading it, that's the grass bank behind. Photobucket access from work is pants.

Transporter.jpg

I really find it hard to believe there is some sort of conspiracy or surprise release here.

Agreed, no conspiracy, July is when they'll be readily available. End of.
I do know though that somebody somewhere in the UK has a RHD one. My opinion. It was (probably a one-off) dealer car used for introducing the sales team to it, on its way back to the plant. I imagine that very car will be up and down (the country) more than a whore's drawers.

Agreed, no conspiracy, July is when they'll be readily available. End of.
I do know though that somebody somewhere in the UK has a RHD one. My opinion. It was (probably a one-off) dealer car used for introducing the sales team to it, on its way back to the plant. I imagine that very car will be up and down (the country) more than a whore's drawers.

I'd say it's for the journalists as I've seen 4 driven on the roads immediately around the plant. (I work 1 mile away).

Just realised NORRO hasn't gave anything away on this model, he was a good source on the Fk build up

He has on FB. Paraphrasing, but he has said that it is very comfy for using as a daily in comfort mode, the seats are supportive like the FK2 ones but bigger and much easier to get in and out of. Almost voodoo like. As per FK2 very impressive when pressing on in +R.

I have been watching this thread with close interest..

I honestly thought the FK2 would be the last Civic Type R for a good while. Maybe poor knowledge but I was surprised to learn about this FK8.

Are the FK2 owners bothered about its release? Looks like the FK2 has held its value pretty well!

If it was a huge upgrade in terms of power then yes but as it stands not fussed at all.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Not bothered. But there will always be this, that i heard at Japfest so many times i lost count.

'Check out that new Type R mate, thats cool, i like the Blue'. (etc) :D
'Yeah mate, but the new ones out now'. :smt022

The general public is a cruel mistress.

I wouldn't worry too much about value, not many Type R's across all generations are losing value, most seem to be at the bottom of their depreciation curve, slowly gaining or steadily gaining.

With the FK2 being a limited run its value will mainly be dictated by the new cars depreciation.

Bothered me at 1st but that was more about being released so soon after.
The build up from Honda hasn't been anywhere near the FK2 level, so in an odd way it just feels like any ol car being released.
For me it's to soon to trade in & I don't see the fk8 as a step up from the FK2, they'll be on par on the rds, I will be a tad envious of the mods that will be available for it

I don't see the fk8 as a step up from the FK2, they'll be on par on the rds

Bold statement as there's currently no reviews. The revised engine map and rear suspension change may make a huge difference, it's not always about peak numbers.

My mate who tests these at Honda says it's a much nicer car. More comfortable, better seats and feels better around their testing areas.

Bold statement as there's currently no reviews. The revised engine map and rear suspension change may make a huge difference, it's not always about peak numbers.

My mate who tests these at Honda says it's a much nicer car. More comfortable, better seats and feels better around their testing areas.

Indeed.

From what I have been told I get the distinct impression that had it have been an FK8 that I bought back in November 2015 and not an FK2, then I might still have it now.

I'm not talking lack of increase in figures I mean for me personally as a whole car, it may drive better but is it that far off from the FK2? you don't get the full potential out of one of them on the rds & the handling is exceptional already.

I think what I'm saying is comfier seats, 10hp, electronic handbrake, a car that is has carried over FK2 characteristics isn't enough of an upgrade for me to part ex so soon. I do like the car but we all know the car was produced for the American market only

It's not though, it's a global car that will sell thousands in Europe, South Africa and Australia.

Multilink rear suspension with adaptive dampers now including an additional comfort mode, synchro saving downshift blips, shorter ratios and better seats that you don't have to do the, "FK2 shuffle," to get in and out of are the major changes I can see. These are things that will improve your day to day experience of the car. More compliant everyday but still stiff as you like when you want, easier to drive smoothly in traffic (not that I had an issue before, with the exception of being on and off the clutch a lot), nippier in town situations in lower revs and no wifey banging her head getting in and out as they aren't accustomed to getting out arse first.

Electronic handbrake really isn't that big of a deal. It's not a rally car, I doubt any self respecting owner has ever performed a handbrake turn or J-turn in their FK2, and in reality you use it when parking or at the lights for extended periods. Move off and it auto-disengages. The car has HSA, like the FK2 did, so it's not like you use it to steady the car when manoeuvring on a slope or at the lights on a hill, the car does it for you. Meh it is what it is and gives much more space and elbow room in the centre of the cabin.

I can see it being a roaring success. No reflection on the FK2, it's just a different car, different generation and things move on as Honda listen to feedback and improve things. It's what Honda does.

Chris or Loxy will be buying an FK8 :smt045

I do actually want to, it has crossed my mind several times, but priorities have changed.

I've said maybe in 5 years, but then again the new one will just about to be released then. :lol:

Back