• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Again I'm not dissing the car or getting huffy because im an fk owner, I'm just saying the above additions is not enough to sway me to part ex now or at 3yrs.
The Fk suits my commute to a T, no motorway driving, no traffic lights, the ride & seats are comfy.

I know the car is global but you know yourselves the majority of these additions are to suit the global market, it screams american

I'm not suggesting you are bud but they're getting a version that has lower power output and they drive on billiard table smooth like roads. Comfort mode is going to benefit us more than them, plus everyone benefits from seats that mean you don't have to exit the car ass first.

... electronic handbrake ...

Mother f$%*&^rs... :|

There are a very few things I loathe more than that on a car. How the hell are you supposed to manage a decent hill-start without some element of control here? Is a manual handbrake really such a bad thing? I get that Americans don't use the hand (sorry, "emergency") brake that much, but still, electronic?

I read back & realised it came across like I'm moaning, Must have my sunshine grumps on :(

I still wouldn't part ex for one yet though :lol:

How's that even possible! How would you even do that! lol.

Feet in the footwell, brace on the arm rest and steering wheel and lift your ass over the bolster then put a foot on the ground outside. It's the least effort way I found of not sliding over the high bolster sides, and destroying them in the process, when exiting the car.

Mother f$%*&^rs... :|

There are a very few things I loathe more than that on a car. How the hell are you supposed to manage a decent hill-start without some element of control here? Is a manual handbrake really such a bad thing? I get that Americans don't use the hand (sorry, "emergency") brake that much, but still, electronic?

It and the FK2, and most of the Civic range now, have Hill Start Assist. The car won't roll back on a hill.

I read back & realised it came across like I'm moaning, Must have my sunshine grumps on :(

I still wouldn't part ex for one yet though :lol:

Haha.

grumpy-cat-made-100-mil-two-years.gif

I get the impression that people will moan about anything these days, way before the cars actual release, any road reviews or test drives.

What other options are there for hatches though if you want a bigger 'upgrade' in terms of power etc?
M140i looks like a boot, I do quite like the AMG A class though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I get the impression that people will moan about anything these days, way before the cars actual release, any road reviews or test drives.

Then moan about any gripes the journalist may have mentioned, as if they have had first hand experience with the car.
Yet have probably never driven any other car than their own.

EDIT: now we're moaning about moaning :lol:

It happened with the FK2 for mths & mths
It was during dinner I realised I was turning in to one of those people :rolleyes:

It's however you want it to be.

When I picked up my FK2, I signed the paperwork, paid on card for given the keys and off I went.

When the dealer mentioned about walking me through the car, I told him that I'd figure it out.

Took about 15 mins in total including looking round it before accepting.

It's however you want it to be.

When I picked up my FK2, I signed the paperwork, paid on card for given the keys and off I went.

When the dealer mentioned about walking me through the car, I told him that I'd figure it out.

Took about 15 mins in total including looking round it before accepting.

I mean actually buying one... lead times, demand etc.

A 3 year PCP tickles my interest and I'd give it back at the end.

Ah get you. It's not a limited run like the FK2 and they are shipping them in droves over to the US, so I think it would be unlikely to have a repeat of the FK2 situation. It would be usual couple of months to start with on new orders then dealers will have cars sat there waiting to go IMHO. It's not like there is a massive option list and options further than GT or not and colour are dealer fit anyway.

Dealers also seem to be telling people 1st September, whereas Honda's press release says July, so expect to see them sooner rather than later as I suspect Honda themselves know best as to when they are going to start sending the car out.

Ah get you. It's not a limited run like the FK2 and they are shipping them in droves over to the US, so I think it would be unlikely to have a repeat of the FK2 situation. It would be usual couple of months to start with on new orders then dealers will have cars sat there waiting to go IMHO. It's not like there is a massive option list and options further than GT or not and colour are dealer fit anyway.

Dealers also seem to be telling people 1st September, whereas Honda's press release says July, so expect to see them sooner rather than later as I suspect Honda themselves know best as to when they are going to start sending the car out.

These are the timescales I got from Honda. I've got one on pre-order:

Deliveries
We intend to have demo units out to dealers in July, in line with your submitted colour choices. Customer deliveries will start from September.

Back