• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Sales guy has gone quiet on me too! However I don't want to collect mine till later September anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Good to see a few others are turning up.

My wife's car arrived at the dealer today. Assuming all goes to plan we will collect it Friday - 6-7hr round trip! At least it will be run in when we get home!

Friend of mine sent these .. looks very nice in BSB. Possibly another fk2 convert

b95411a2f3047230f14008f2434ee696.jpg
881f9b7d7114e210d87a752fd7c63ffb.jpg
341a86a3e5d045c31c6881aaf9f3dae3.jpg

Nice Impreza

423f8acd604832bc2913752bfdda5876.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I wasn't going to put anything up following my test drive yesterday but here is my opinion.
This was a black one which actually hid many of the lines which is a negative but on a positive it didn't show the rear plastic honeycomb bits that make the others look so poor from the rear.
Anyway getting in the car the seats are more forgiving than the FK2 which can fall into either camp really. For day to day driving it's a plus.
So the drive in comfort mode is horrible and a bit wallowy in my opinion. The sport mode was reasonable and I understand why it's the default setting. I found +R mode to be so much softer than the FK2 that there wasn't a great deal of difference between the R and sport. The motor performed as you would expect it to with no noticeable difference in power at all.
The drive was very "refined" which was no doubt helped by the independent rear suspension. The gearbox felt slightly slacker than the FK2 for some reason. I did like the rev matching when changing down as it saved me from doing it.
It was a nice drive but lacked the urgency and rawness you get with the FK2.
So overall do I want to buy one?
No - However if I didn't have an FK2 then I would definitely consider it. It felt too much like a quick bigger saloon car than the smaller sporty hot hatch feeling you get with the FK2.
So that's my opinion only and I think we will b seeing quite a few on the roads. The dealership I was at had 8 waiting to go out with a full transporter full of them waiting to unload. This version doesn't feel to have the innovation and exclusivity the FK2 had when it launched. Anyway for those waiting to pick theirs up - Enjoy they are a great bit of tech and a great GT car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear Box and Rev Matching errors are the biggest concerns for me........

There will be gremlins with new cars (just look at the Focus RS!!) - as someone said on here before its how your dealer handles them that will be important

Where is your dealer Mutley?

Mine apparently is arriving today according to the lovely receptionist, but my sales guy seems to have misplaced his phone or has lost the ability to speak....poor chap....

Now picking mine up tomorrow :lol: and will be of to the JAE event on sunday . See you down there but dont think i can get the car on the stand:smt022

Finally heard back and mines been at the dealers for 4 days.....but they have done sweet FA with it.....so its looking like next week. I am not a happy camper.

Startin Honda in Worcester. I think I'll phone him and ask why I can't have it tomorrow if some are arriving today. He did say it was leaving Honda UK today so not sure where it's going for 4 days!

It does, but it needs free resource to do them (a rare commodity in the run up to new registration dates), and how many other people are ahead of you in the queue.

What you'll be doing in reality is making yourself enough of a nuisance that they move your car ahead of someone else's.

Back