• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Yes i have. Honda engineers came to worcester to look at mine today. Engine management and rev match warning lights. A bit of technobabble explanation but my understanding was they replaced some solenoid/sensor related to the turbo. The new parts required some connector mods which they did.

According to my dealer Honda may do a bulletin to the dealers!

I was also told the uk engine loom is different to the US version so the issue wasnt the same as the US problems.

Fingers crossed mines now sorted.

Hopefully it is sorted now mate ;)

Did they say why the loom is different, apart from left hand drive they're identical cars

No but I guess that's the only reason why. I think they were going for the technobabble we're not going to commit to anything approach.

The loom may well be physically different but I'd have thought they got them from the same place with the same build quality and therefore if one loom had problems you would expect to see similar problems in the mirror image loom.

I've no idea, all I can say is if anyone gets problems take it back to your dealer and although it's a pain they'll get it sorted ASAP.

Did they say why the loom is different, apart from left hand drive they're identical cars

They're not. We get more kit than the 'muricans. (think they don't get the distance warning sensors and a few other bits and pieces)

Confused me when listening to US reviews as a few kept talking about button blanks

That said, I would have thought the looms should be the same and they just connect whatever additional harness they require. Would make more sense than creating completely different looms.

Honda uk have just agreed to buffing the flat paint and replacing the bonnet scoop . Happy days . Typical no sun today so they couldn't see the paint difference but they saw the photos the dealer took and agreed too much of a difference.

Test drive booked for Saturday - lucky I checked as they hadn't logged it originally.

They did just say they've sold their demo car already and it's being picked up in an hour though. They're arranging another arriving tomorrow though.

No it's what they do, it happened with the FK2 & it hurt the fk2s value. There's a chap on Instagram who bagged his dealers demo the week they received it.
Deals will soon follow

No it's what they do, it happened with the FK2 & it hurt the fk2s value. There's a chap on Instagram who bagged his dealers demo the week they received it.
Deals will soon follow

And right on cue & text message from my dealer

Mr Blank, please contact Marshall Honda Peterborough to discuss a Confidential Offer from Honda. But hurry, this exclusive offer ends 24/09/17.

Temptation is growing but I'm definitely going to play the waiting game on this one

Omg just got a video from my dealer! My pmm has arrived, originally delayed to 28th, I cancelled my detailer for this week to and moved it a few weeks back! Dilemma, should I pick it up this weekend or pickup nearer end of month where I have detailer booked. I don't really want to risk not having no protection on the body work. But then would like my car now lol!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Get it now mate! Better at home with you where you can keep your eye on it, than in some dirty dealer yard prone to dinks and dents and general wallys.

Omg just got a video from my dealer! My pmm has arrived, originally delayed to 28th, I cancelled my detailer for this week to and moved it a few weeks back! Dilemma, should I pick it up this weekend or pickup nearer end of month where I have detailer booked. I don't really want to risk not having no protection on the body work. But then would like my car now lol!

Just a quick thought...if you left it until 28th you won't lose out on half months road tax as they give you the rest of the month for 'free' :idea:

I checked the digital speedo in ours. It over reads by about 5% so roughly 30.5=32, 60=63, 70=74 (GPS=speedo).

Hummm....I expected it to be more. It is deceptively fast...be careful.

3rd fill up tonight now on 770miles. Last tank averaged 25mpg...oops!

I think I might wait until the end of month. Works out better for me, still gives me week to drive the car before it goes to the detailer, will ask to leave the roof and hood wrapping on the car for some protection. Sooo excited!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back