• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Have you seen the car? Dealers often delay things when there's been a bump in transit and it requires paint, I don't want to scare you but I would want to see it if you haven't yet.

Yes the car has been here since 1st September the body centre in Norwich did the carbon Autoglym paint protection plus the venture shield and alloy gators and I've seen the carbon fibre pack exterior and interior on it
56978dc9acdba1ee5e6fc21db71f63b2.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passed by a Luxemb dealership. They have a CW FK8 Type R. Impressed with the exterior(esp the front), it looks exotic like some sort of supercar.
Seats: Even in the lowest position the seat is still higher than Bmw 1,2,3,4 series. It does not have seat tilting(it's magic for long trips-prevents you from sliding off). Seats seem also to offer less side support then FK2 Type R. Side bolsters are softer, but with the advantage of easier access in/out. I'll have to test drive it, as I use the car for longer trips it is top priority for me to find the perfect seating position.
There were some sightly misaligned panels here and there (a pillar, wings, hood). Not that serious I can get over them.
Nice car overall I still want it.

Would I buy it? Maybe later because:
- I already have a pretty ok car that I use mainly on wends/vacations
- the grinding gears/rev match issues are really worrying. Also paint and others although minor are an extra hassle. I have no understanding paying 40k for a car and to spend additional time/stress/money after. So I'll wait to see how existing cases are handled and if the issues(mainly gear/rev match) are rectified from the factory.
- I was given an ETA during March if I order now

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the car has been here since 1st September the body centre in Norwich did the carbon Autoglym paint protection plus the venture shield and alloy gators and I've seen the carbon fibre pack exterior and interior on it
56978dc9acdba1ee5e6fc21db71f63b2.heic

I'm thinking of alloygators too, but wasn't sure if they were suitable and how it would look, do you have any photos?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was under the impression alloygators couldn't be used due to the material make up of the wheel and they would react due to the magnesium? Could be wrong though

More dangerous than anything was the impression I got
Edit: maybe rim blades I was thinking of

Had a butchers around a CW FK8 whilst i was at my nearest Honda dealer today and i must say that it is rather striking in person.

I will be honest in saying that i was not a fan when i seen the pictures of it online but in person it's actually a pretty nice looking motor. If only they had styled the stupid honeycomb bits of plastic in the bumpers.

Fooking big for a Civic as well. The boot is massive!

It's a nice place to be in the cabin and the seats are tremendous!

It really has change my mind on the aesthetics of the car tbh.

I was under the impression alloygators couldn't be used due to the material make up of the wheel and they would react due to the magnesium? Could be wrong though

Checked with the bodycentre and alloygators were no problem to fit even with the material of alloys will put picture on here as soon I get car on Friday :)

I'm thinking of alloygators too, but wasn't sure if they were suitable and how it would look, do you have any photos?

Got red alloygators fitted will provide pictures shortly as soon as I get picture on Friday

You actually can't really tell the Gators are on! Will get mine done too when I have mine coated with ceramic

I was looking at the website for the alloy rim protectors and they say you shouldn't use them on diamond cut alloys as the adhesive can corrode the metal or something or rather.

But worrying but seems like a damn good idea to have them on

Back