• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

a11cfd5d36db96970f0ec1250e3435fa.jpg

I have the opinion that this individual believes that the cost to change is much much smaller and especially as he doesn’t think his car is only worth £16k and to be honest this is not an uncommon thought process.

Most people think what they own is worth more than what people are prepared to pay.

It looks like that he didn’t even try to negotiate an ‘amazing’ deal :p

If it's an early 15 reg car I'd say £16k is about right as a trade in at honda. Pretty sure when i bought mine i was offered £16k as the GFV if i took it PCP after 3 years. Anyone not looking to lose a lot of money should not be buying a new honda! loads of performance cars that can be bought used and run for a year or two with very little financial loss, a fair few you can expect to make money on if you choose sensibly. A friend of mine has lost £14k on his M4 since august last year! makes the type r depreciation seem a lot lighter. Just a case of someone not going in with their eyes open.

I'm surprised at the number of people jumping ship from the fk2 to an 8 in all honesty (yes i know it's a step up, as i've driven two) The fk8 is going to have a much longer production run than the fk2, best to enjoy the fk2 smash some miles on it, enjoy them, get your money's worth( by this i mean a good 20 to 30k miles,) Then step into the mid life face lift fk8s that will no doubt come out perhaps a limited edition or hopefully one with some more power too with a long production run i'd say more power is inevitable. interesting to see how the fk8s depreciate as they are making a lot of them in comparison to the fk2s. As soon as the fk8 was announced it was clear the fk2s would take a proper hammering in terms of value.

I got 21k for my second fk2 only 2 months ago (that was a July 15 gt with 13k miles (no service pack)

Yeah, the fk8 didn't win top gear and what car awards for being a crap car...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes it's a good car but it wasn't up against anything new, a good new released car will always win over 2 year previously released models. Would have been more interesting if the RS was released around the same time

In my opinion, FK8 and FK2 should be put back-to-back on racetrack. That would be interesting. We all know about Nürburgring, but if one would look those driving styles and efforts made then I would like to know how it ends up, when Journalists try those two in comparison.

All this comfortable and soft values, but what Type-R originally was made to be? Raw driving experience I would say.

But hey, we all know what it is about opinions...

I got 21k for my second fk2 only 2 months ago (that was a July 15 gt with 13k miles (no service pack)
I was offered £20k on mine with 20k miles last week with it totally stripped of all mods and carbon. ( I payed £21k for it 8 months ago)
Ex demo FK8 was £28k with 2800miles.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to leave all the fk2 pages on Facebook. The butthurt was killing me , it’s also apparent that there’s some very special people (read as simpletons) financing these cars.

If I was financing it would be stupid not to trade up early.
I think the final payment at 3 years was 15k, if they love the FK2 more than the 8 then I can't see them handing it back so 15k out of pocket already.

I'm on the fence, love the look of both and would be happy with either

Yes it's a good car but it wasn't up against anything new, a good new released car will always win over 2 year previously released models. Would have been more interesting if the RS was released around the same time

The RS megane reviews are out tomorrow - this will give the FK8 its second new car comparison (first being the i30N despite the power difference). Be very interested, as its a cult favourite the hot megane, so mags and websites will want to love it like they did with the new new Clio...but as they showed with that, will happily tear it a new one if its not awesome.

The RS megane reviews are out tomorrow - this will give the FK8 its second new car comparison (first being the i30N despite the power difference). Be very interested, as its a cult favourite the hot megane, so mags and websites will want to love it like they did with the new new Clio...but as they showed with that, will happily tear it a new one if its not awesome.

Very very interested in the Megane. I really like the look of it, and it comes in citrus-y colours which i like. I like a lot.
Already got my spec decided upon, i hope it reviews well although realistically i don't expect it to be any better than the FK8. Imo it looks nicer though.

It will go along the lines of great handling, peachy engine, average interior, looks ok and why not three door, not as good a shift as the Civic, when is the trophy out and how much for a Megane.

To be honest I think it will be the new champ, they will have tested to death the Civic and all the competitors.

The FK8 costs me £221.56pm for 35 months and then I have a balloon payment of £13.991.87. I am going to pay £2.5k of this next week which will reduce the monthly payments by around £10pm. I have also set a standing order up at £50 per week extra and if I keep this at the same level I will owe around £3k on the car in 36 months to own this outright. Knowing me it will be 50/50 if we keep it but even so I will have a very healthy deposit in the next car ;)

So on the 22nd I made the first payment on the plan of £221.56 and then around the 24th I made an overpayment of £2550 which also saved £341.70 in apr, this has reduced my monthly payments to £211.31 and now my balloon payment at the end of 3 years is £11,391.87. I have now setup my standing order to make an extra payment every Monday at £100 so to be fair in 2 years apart from my monthly payments the car will be paid for. What I can say is from looking the the figures it is clearly worth making overpayments if you can afford to even if you just pay £40pm as this does add up.

Looking at FK2 prices to be fair I would expect around £17k trade in at 3 years old maybe a little more as for sure FK2 prices have taken a hit when the FK8 arrived

Last edited by a moderator:
So on the 22nd I made the first payment on the plan of £221.56 and then around the 24th I made an overpayment of £2550 which also saved £341.70 in apr, this has reduced my monthly payments to £211.31 and now my balloon payment at the end of 3 years is £11,391.87. I have now setup my standing order to make an extra payment every Monday at £100 so to be fair in 2 years apart from my monthly payments the car will be paid for. What I can say is from looking the the figures it is clearly worth making overpayments if you can afford to even if you just pay £40pm as this does add up.

Looking at FK2 prices to be fair I would expect around £17k trade in at 3 years old maybe a little more as for sure FK2 prices have taken a hit when the FK8 arrived

Where did you get it for £221.56/mth? Was there a part ex too?

ha that was my question when he gave us this info before!!! Ex Demo...but still very envious of that number seeing as mine is £100 more...

Where did you get it for £221.56/mth? Was there a part ex too?

Yes part X as well, car x demo 1k on clock and fully 5 year service plan which cost me £30k and chucked £10k into the pot so had £20k on PCP, then paid on top for tax, internal carbon pack inc door sills which to be fair I got a discount on from Honda UK due to the hassle I had with the FK2.

Yes part X as well, car x demo 1k on clock and fully 5 year service plan which cost me £30k and chucked £10k into the pot so had £20k on PCP, then paid on top for tax, internal carbon pack inc door sills which to be fair I got a discount on from Honda UK due to the hassle I had with the FK2.

Just out of interest did you put £10k in plus part ex? Just seeing how amazing my amazing deal is........:)

Just out of interest did you put £10k in plus part ex? Just seeing how amazing my amazing deal is........:)

I did and that was £193pm, but on the FK8 the total cash / part x that went towards the value of the car was 10k the other 20k was on PCP, anything that was to be paid for over the 30k price tag like road tax and the extras I paid cash

Back