• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

a416483e76abf3a043712a7862927b42.jpg

Niiiiiiceeeeeeeee.....

Appreciate wider arches, but like how they have smoothed the rear arch from the rear passenger door and then again behind it....be nice to see that on the facelift

I think in this day and age the 'mid-life refresh is guaranteed and as the Type R was with us from the start instead of coming at the end of the cycle, it will have it to. Having said that, take your point:

The EP3 had tiny changes granted, mainly lights and Grill, lighter flywheel
Not sure about the Fn2 but guess they were tiny as well - wasn't the LSD included from the champ white edition
FK2 came when everyone was packing up to go home

So subtle changes I am sure

I think in this day and age the 'mid-life refresh is guaranteed and as the Type R was with us from the start instead of coming at the end of the cycle, it will have it to. Having said that, take your point:

The EP3 had tiny changes granted, mainly lights and Grill, lighter flywheel
Not sure about the Fn2 but guess they were tiny as well - wasn't the LSD included from the champ white edition
FK2 came when everyone was packing up to go home

So subtle changes I am sure

in todays hot hatch wars they would be crazy not to face lift , add new paint colours, and drop a power increase between 30 and 50 bhp. The megane trophy will be out soon with the full fat bhp tune. The new golf r is going to have 350 bhp too. The fk8 will need to evolve to contine good sales.

sure i remember reading about a more hardcore version, a more sedate version, more power and maybe even awd.

heres the link with quotes from honda's chief engineer.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ivic-type-r-variants-may-include-awd-version/

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be inevitable, they released the R from the start not mid way through the 10g production, Honda will want to make as much as they can from this

Yes put like that it probably will get a facelift. :)
I just hope it won't be for at least another 2 years....that way I get to drive the current model for as long as possible. :D

You say that like a facelift is guaranteed. :D
Genuine question time..... what was the last Type R model to get a proper facelift?

FD2 received a facelift in 2009 or so. The FN2 also had something although I don't recall if it was a facelift or a final run. Not that I'd include the FN2 as being a Type R. :D

I actually quite like it now, even the honeycomb. Lots of lovely angles that I'm still only just noticing, like the boot line running through the rear lights, spoiler perfectly following rear window line when viewing side on. Nice stuff.

I actually quite like it now, even the honeycomb. Lots of lovely angles that I'm still only just noticing, like the boot line running through the rear lights, spoiler perfectly following rear window line when viewing side on. Nice stuff.

Its funny how used to the car you get when you live with it day to day....I literally don't think it looks outrageous at all anymore. "what you all starring it?" (granted the wing gives me a little reminder now and again)

I just came out if the supermarket to find two 50+ gents on there haunches looking at my cars rear third..... my heart dropped out my ar5e and I blurted out "oh no have you hit me" to which they laughed and said no was just checking it out, was the first the had seen and they love it! Next thing one of the gents 10 year old grandson is giving me the cars stats and I gratefully let him have a seat in the drivers.

Who knew a humble old civic would make me feel like a super car owner :asw:

Back