• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

It's still a bulkhead, albeit removable. You can't access the cabin directly in normal configuration. Most of the time folding seats on a saloon car are as much use as t*ts on a fish anyway, as you're restricted by the boot opening.

The line between estate car and hatchback is definitely grey though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought in general, the term ‘saloon’ covered 2, 3, 4 and 5 door configurations of cars - particular in the good old pre-SUV/MPV days. This is then split further as 3 and 5 door hatchbacks and 2 and 4 door notchbacks. But a 2 door notchback could also be termed a 2 door coupe...until a 4 door coupe was developed. On top of that you had terms like Sportback or Fastback.

On top of that you also had 3 or 5 door estates. Some were termed Touring.

Happy Friday All

8 months in and 7,335K miles, and the 'Service Required Soon' has appeared on the dash. Quite relieved as was wondering when it would appear as was thinking surely it needed a little cuddle.

Anyone else had their first service yet? Three things dealer 1) Please don't wash it 2) no need to wash it, its fine honestly 3) if you wash it we are going to have a problem

Happy Friday All

8 months in and 7,335K miles, and the 'Service Required Soon' has appeared on the dash. Quite relieved as was wondering when it would appear as was thinking surely it needed a little cuddle.

Anyone else had their first service yet? Three things dealer 1) Please don't wash it 2) no need to wash it, its fine honestly 3) if you wash it we are going to have a problem

Don't forget to let the dealer know to not let it's employees attack it with a sponge :)

This might be a good time to write up an NDA so if they do wash it, you can sue their ass off :D

My dealers service manager always asks if I want it washing, when I reply no he always replies "thought not, the type R owners usually don't" :lol:

Saying that whilst sat there yesterday I seen their valeters and was pleasantly surprised, 2 petite eastern Europeans, 1 brown haired the other blonde.
Only around 5ft but tight with it ;) valeting skills were debatable but I can see why they employ them

Don't forget to let the dealer know to not let it's employees attack it with a sponge :)

This might be a good time to write up an NDA so if they do wash it, you can sue their ass off :D
Its a good idea when i had my FK2 serviced the DashCam pick them up washing the car with a broom!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Chap on civinfo put a few sticky notes in the interior of his 8th gen reminding them not to wash the car, what his dash cam caught was quite shocking, lots of effing and pi$$ taking amongst other things, was very unprofessional HUK got involved when he complained

Seriously??? Did you have a quiet word?
Yep i think a very loud word was had at the time.
17254093b9dff357afa2455c78427ba3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My dealers service manager always asks if I want it washing, when I reply no he always replies "thought not, the type R owners usually don't" :lol:

:lol: I bet us R enthusiasts have quite the reputation with Honda dealers.
They get it though, they know they're not doing the best job with their gritty sponges.

I made myself one of these type hangers that i keep in the glovebox just for service time. In case they don't listen to me, they can read.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-C...anging-Car-Interior-Garage-Sign-/171399704080

I thought in general, the term ‘saloon’ covered 2, 3, 4 and 5 door configurations of cars
A saloon car has a separate opening boot. ie. the rear screen stays in place when opened. :)
There has been an increasing number of manufacturer specific terms which have confused things.

All, quick question if I may.

The Vtec system on the FK8 is different to the old, ek9 ep3 etc as there is no cam change at higher revs, but what exactly does it do then on the 8? Tried to google it and did read it somewhere but appreciate any info....

Back