• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

any news because im about to do the same as your doing with the k24 bottom end, would love to know how it is before i start the expensive task of buy the bits

Well. The bottom end is all built-up. I have just taken delivery of a Skunk 2header to replace my old Jackson one (up for sale soon). Also an ARP Headstud kit. I need to run those up to the TDI boys so they can finish the build and Pyrrha cylindar head together. It's getting close.

The car however is filthy! I'm shamed to show her in public now. Eek!

I'm hoping to get some pics soon. 

Brilliant project. Im sure i seen your engine there when i was down at TDI. They are very very helpful bunch, Lou is awesome aswell.

Im hoping to pop up there at the weekend to drop the header and bolts off.... also some Krispy Creme :D

Well I had a little visit up to Paul, Lou, Ben and Neil up and TDI to check on progress, I have a couple of pics and I think we are only a couple of weeks away...

1f0zsj.jpg

The bottom end blueprinted and built up with custom shiny bits in.

1f0zsk.jpg

Skunk2 pro valves waiting to go in the head.

Oh and it is important to keep your car claen, even in winter...

1f0zsl.jpg

Oh and thanks Matt for the pictures.

A squirt of Mr Sheen and an MF will have those lovely valves as coffee table ornaments. ;)

Build is sounding great. Good progress made. Car is filthy though - needs spring time clean! :D

Looking forwards to the next post - good work - onwards and upwards. 8)

Well some more pics of my ongoing build. The ported head and Skunk2 inlet and fuel rail:

15sdje.jpg

Something to do with valves and stuff (try and keep up with all the tech speak)

15sdj4.jpg

Skunk2 Titanium Retainers

15sdjg.jpg

gasket and this and that...

15sdjh.jpg

Neil wrenching away in a manly fashion.

15sdj9.jpg

15sdjd.jpg

Hope you like. I do...

Thank you again to Paul West, Lou, Neil and Ben at TDI North for doing all the hard work. Great stuff guys.

I don't think the engines in the car yet dude, so might be a little hard to tell :lol:

well, Skunk2 use a similar spec motor in their Project Beta and get 9 seconds 1/4 n/a....

though that is in a tube frame chassis and proper drag body Teg... so I am guessing I will not be going quite that fast :D:D. Nick is correct though, still a few bits to do.

Back