• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

No parts from Honda yet, but I did receive and fit this:

L5deSGh.jpg

Lovely work. I wanted the centre doing but he refused to do it, said it’s too easy to damage. Suppose it gives a bit of the old patina? Question is, do I repaint the H red or leave it faded out?

Karl was right.

dizzy is fighting me harder than I thought possible. I knew about the stubborn Phillips head holding the rotor on, I’ve dealt with them before. This one however was bonded on a molecular level. I got that out after snapping the rotor off to gain access for molegrips. Problem number two is the metal remainder of the rotor which is equally seized onto the dizzy shaft.

I’ve already sweared at it and hit it harder than I would like several times with a mallet. Heat isn’t really an option so it’s Dremel out tomorrow for surgery with a finger hovering over purchase on a new dizzy :lol:

bonus is I can send back the coil if it comes to that, almost half the price of a new unit anyway.

Last edited:
wtZwMmU.jpg

TitanicDM yo

edit: currently attempting to free those two electrical connector Phillips screws and remove the coil to gain better access for some leverage… even those are impossible to free. Impact driver next lol

Last edited:
Got the rotor off, replaced the coil. I just can’t be happy putting it back together without replacing the ICM. I took it apart to make sure I got the correct one, and I’m glad I did, thing looks toast. New one should be here Tuesday.

AWplInf.jpg

Christ alive. I admire your determination and refusal to accept 'GTFO' from the parts in question as a viable option! Haha.

Got it back together last night, was very disappointed it didn’t run. Battery was low, so I charged that over night. Opened the bonnet thismorning to discover I hadn’t plugged the dizzy loom in.

Fired up first crank. Mint.

Cheers :) I was quite pleased with myself today lol

Next on the agenda:

Oil change

Fix a missing exhaust hanger in the centre section (I have an extra from removing the DC sports one - 3 compared to the OEM 2)

Replace passenger arch liner with a ukdm one which I have to modify in a yet to be determined fashion

Fit radio single din bin

Figure out wtf is wrong with the rear light circuit

Remove rear wing for paint

Remove, clean and refit front seats.

Wet vac interior carpet and clean interior plastics

Refit rear wing after paint (currently in paint)

Relocate radiator overflow to make room for airbox brackets

Make airbox brackets and/or find and fit OEM bracket

Cambelt, tensioner, auxbelts and water pump (purchased)

Brake & clutch fluid flush

Gearbox oil change

Replace door step sill covers with freshly painted replacements (mine have been drilled for non OEM metal covers).

Remove front strut brace, clean and paint the crusty looking mounts

Last edited:
Is it currently one of those cars that indicates when you apply the brakes, then? Haha.

The brake circuit works just fine. It’s the rear light and dash light circuit (not sure why they share a fuse but they do). Pops fuses for fun.

Brand new OEM oil cap and found myself a head unit too… not sure if I’m gonna struggle with finding a code or not. Don’t suppose it really matters if it works. It looks like 1996.

LU1cWVI.jpg

Minor update: I fixed the wiring. It was a simple short in the stereo harness, some lazy wiring from a previous owner. Electrical tape and a new fuse took all of 3 minutes to fix the problem.

I need some kind of adaptor for the retro head unit, maybe it’s just the wrong type. More research required. I might end up getting a single din blank plate or maybe even just say balls to it and get a fascia for the current aftermarket one.

I took this out during a brief break in the rain. Utter filth.
uDYS2KK.jpg

I’ve cleaned it with upholstery foaming cleaner and wet vac’d it. Looks better already but you can’t really tell the full difference whilst it’s still wet. I’m going to move it into the kitchen tonight where the cat can’t get to it to help it dry out.

edit: progress so far:

3ydOiok.jpg

Last edited:
Really notice the difference in the arse area and the wings to the left and right of it.

anycleaner you recommend? Do you need a special wet vac?

It was just the cheapest foaming upholstery cleaner at Halfords, I used a whole can so maybe it wasn’t the best lol

And yes, you need a special vacuum to do that. Mines just a cheap hand held one from Amazon, something like a rug doctor would be much better.

I also went through 5 microfibres towels, just for full disclosure.

dried:

1JDeQU8.jpg

Last edited:
They've come up well. I found Woolite to be pretty decent too. Certainly brought my premier Recaros up nicely.

Back