• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

hippy43's Satin EP3

Well a long overdue update, as I actually have something to update.

Been spending a bit of money over recent months. I had the civic lowered on the Eibach Pro Kit and a FRSU done with DME rear camber arms and the Eibach front camber bolts. At the same time I got the front brake pads changed from DS2500 to the Cosworth Streetmasters. I can honestly percieve no difference between the two although I don't track the car. At the same time the car had a full service (plugs, valve clearances etc.)

Today, I've just got back from Grinspeed after having an M-Factory LSD fitted, new OEM Exedy clutch, Input shaft bearings changed, SuperPro front bush kit (inc. caster), new OEM front discs and new rubber exhaust mounts.

First impressions are how much smoother the box feels with the new clutch and bearings. The very annoying rumble I had been getting has gone :)

I've not fully explioted the LSD, waiting for the new discs to bed in, but so far so good. You can definetly feel it pulling you into the apex of corners. Can't wait to try it in full attack mode once I have the confidence :)

All in all can't praise Stevie highly enough for the work he's done. Top sevice :smt023:

Nice, springs, frsu, brakes and LSD. ;)

It'll feel awesome when the weather clears up and you find a clear road!

Next RBC and header with a bit of hondata thrown in. If I get my funding right hopefully I can time it with Mase's next UK visit. :)

nice update :smt023, now you can take that sharp left hander off the dual carriageway on the way to JAE abit faster :smt047, lol

Nice update, how much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Well I supplied the discs and exhaust mounts. The rest was supplied and fitted by Stevie. Obviously because the box is off it's worth getting as much done as possible. I would have uprated the fly wheel had funds allowed. A couple of the bushes on the O/S had perished so they needed replacing, so it made sense just to get the lot done.
The price, as you'll know from the Offers thread, was very good. If you are thinking of getting anything done just give Stevie a call.

Small update.

Out with the old...

34errqq.jpg

In with the new...

11vptzr.jpg

There is no way i would had parted with £50 or so that these badges are. I have a friend at Honda who very kindly managed to get it FOC. :)

My ep3 was also in at Grinspeed last Tuesday for a few bits and bobs. Yet again Stevie's service was most excellent as the Tuesday was due to be my day off, but at short notice i had to work it. Stevie was good enough to come in extra early, so i could drop the car off before work and then drop it off at my place of work when completed.
Anyway an oil/filter service was due, so I took the opportunity to get a few little jobs done. Hel braided lines all round with ATE fluid, Tegiwa brake stopper and aluminum shifter bush kit all fitted.
The brake pedal feel is vastly improved, pedal feels more solid and a lot less spongy. I'm not sure what has given the most improvement, the lines or the stopper, as they were fitted at the same time.
The aluminum shifter bush kit is an amazing mod for the money. Gear changes are more positive, feels like when i first got the car 6 years ago with only 7k on the clock :)

There's a group buy on here i think. Tegiwa do them as well ( the ones i got). Can be a little fiddly to fit i believe, but i wouldn't know as a i got Stevie to fit them.
Otherwise they would have languished in the garage for the next 6 months.

I like the sound of it, wouldn't mind sharpening mine up a bit. I have a short shifter already so it feels better than OEM, but I wouldn't mind it feeling "new".

Just realised you replied Hippy but my response could apply to both of you lol.

Looks clean, nice subtle touches... :)

What she dyno ? Or you not done that yet ?

I'll be getting mine dyno'd next month as been waiting for a service etc before i did it :) i'll upload some pics of mine soon so you can all have a butchers ..

Cheers Dan, no not been dyno'd as I've really just got bolt ons at the moment. So I know power will be round about standard. Looking to get mani, rbc and kpro in next few months.

And even though you only have bolt ons, they can give good gains as my friends ep3 made 11hp more with the aem v2 short ram induction on it.. As he had it dyno'd before and after... Thats an awesome gain for something n/a ! Well i think so anyway ...

Back