• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to calculate your MPG

well i have gota slow puncture on the front tyre which i am getting sorted on saturday, would that have affected the mpg by that much? it has never been massively low though.

you get worse mpg on vpower, do you use normal fuel then? or are you a deep pocket bp ultimate fan? :lol:

Puntures, slow or otherwise make a massive difference. Remember how hard it was when you were a kid trying to cycle home with a puncture.

i will say that i let the car warm up for a couple mins before any journey, so even if its short i thought it may help the car.
yeah thats true, i will get the tyre sorted then hopefully thats the main reason behind it

it is very important to check your tyre pressures regularly, i know i do. then i always chuckle to myself at how bald they are and consider replacing them.

I got from Kent to Longleat on 3/4 of a tank and it worked out that I averaged 33mpg on V-power. My last check I was averaging 26mpg through town and stuff on £10 worth of crappy fuel.

388.2 miles on a full tank, motorway practically all the way and zero vtec. Had less left than I started with before fuelling, so not sure exactly how many litres it was, but was running on fumes when I reached the pumps! :D

According to my recent fill-ups I'm rocking a very unhealthy 16mpg; supposedly normal driving - the same driving I used to get about 25.5 MPG with... WTF; since I've had the car back it's forever at the pumps and I don't know why; and the wallet's losing weight fast too.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got 400 miles from 80£ of vpower. only 1 long journey of 100 miles. im very impressed with that. most of my journeys are <1 mile to work and back. i only ever put shell SUL in in the past but on a relatively modern car i think there is something to be said for the higher octane fuels with the additives.

Back