• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance what does it cost you???

Ended up with Adrian Flux, every mod declared, 3points, 5 years NCB, 25 years old, married, fully comp £655

With other half it was £100 more, not happening.

Check out his build up thread over on CTRO.:rolleyes:

BUSTED!!!

Busted how so? It's the same thread on that site that I have on this one lol
Created an account on there to read the threads that others kept posting and saying I needed to be a member, so thought I might as well create a thread since I was there...

I was only messing TN.

Hopefully we've given you enough stick and make you aware how important it is to declare ALL your mods to your insurance co :p

Ended up with Adrian Flux, every mod declared, 3points, 5 years NCB, 25 years old, married, fully comp £655

Wow im getting proper shafted then because im paying £1000 fully comp, 6yrs NCB and 0 points with direct line and that includes my discount as i've been with them for the past 7yrs! Time to switch in september then!

Wow im getting proper shafted then because im paying £1000 fully comp, 6yrs NCB and 0 points with direct line and that includes my discount as i've been with them for the past 7yrs! Time to switch in september then!

ormskirk cant be that rough can it? i pay 680 with 3 yrs ncb and 3 point.

it's not at all, its a nice village and where i live is in the country side part in aughton just round the corner from roy evans :lol: i think its just direct line are over charging me alot. I'll try adrian flux or maybe that sky insurance but definatly not with direct line anymore after seeing everyone elses prices

Nice, think i will give them a call on Monday. Just got my renewal through from Lloyds TSB. Was paying £67.22 a month, they now want £84.65! No Mods, 24 Years, 7 Years NCB.

I pay £391 FC with protected NCD through Sky for my lightly modified CRX siR (import). I'm 27, have 7 years NCD, 5 points for speeding but the offence was nearly 5 years ago and had a non-fault accident last year.

I was paying £530 for my DC5 last year, which I feel was better value than my current policy.

I'm paying £1054 with admiral on my EP3 prem on a 55 plate. I'm 27 I've been driving 2yrs & have 3yrs NCB as I did a pass plus. Postcode probably doesn't help but I'm just biting the bullet for a year until I can get a quote from Chris Knott and hopefully it should drop considerably........hopefully :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
here's a comparison for you:

female, 30, 10 years no claims, high performance experience, no points or convictions.

last year £491 (employed)

now £775 (unemployed)

Looks like Sky will be able to sort me out :D - While speaking with Alex at Sky he said insurance cost have gone up this year across the board due to a high number of claims last year.

Seems like 2010 is the year for car hate. Massive pot holes...Road Tax increase...High Fuel prices and increase in insurance :(

sky just got me an awesome deal £850 with £250 excess :D well happy with the price. Direct Line wanted over 1k for a basic car with no mods :lol:

A quick question, does Sky, Chris Knott etc offer better discounts for advanced drivers? Was thinking of doing a course later on this year.

Cheers,

Scott

Buying my type r tomorrow morning...25, 1 NCB, Admiral, £1000... Stil looking, suggestions on a postcard!

FN2 57... Want mods aswell, and most insurances companies are not really loving my ideas!

Buying my type r tomorrow morning...25, 1 NCB, Admiral, £1000... Stil looking, suggestions on a postcard!

FN2 57... Want mods aswell, and most insurances companies are not really loving my ideas!

Try Tesco's dude, they were always good for me. Other people rate Direct Line very well.

Kent I would have thought would be a good postcode, so you may be able to get it cheaper.

22, 3 years NCB £1506 :( with Adrian Flux who i have heard are a good company however not needed to use them yet... cross fingers i wont have to either. i drive a 54 plate standard EP3 :)

Managed to save £186.12 with Sky Insurance.

Recap:
LloydsTSB £1015.80 for my renewal (almost 250 more!)
Sky Insurance £829.68

Best quote i got. 24 years old, 6 years NCB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back