• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance what does it cost you???

ok, just got a quote for a CTR, and it was surprisingly low 800-900 i had my parents on as well and it was a lot lower than myself! just wondering why doesnt everyone just add their mothers onto the insurance to lower it?

My renewal is due at the end of the month. Will be interesting to see what it is. Watch this space.

ok, just got a quote for a CTR, and it was surprisingly low 800-900 i had my parents on as well and it was a lot lower than myself! just wondering why doesnt everyone just add their mothers onto the insurance to lower it?

Because not all of us

a.) still live at home
b.) have a different female such as girlfriend/wife to put on the policy instead
c.) have unreasonable premiums to pay due to age/NCB.

I understand your point though.

I wonder if having parental responsibilty of an infant plays into your favour when it comes to insurance companies. Logic dictates that you would become a safer if not more cautious driver.

even if they do not live at home, can you not just put them on? or is that illegal? insuring them on is just IF they want to drive right?

I'm sure you can put them on, but it will be more complicated as you will have different owners at different addresses. It may actually go against you.

even if they do not live at home, can you not just put them on? or is that illegal? insuring them on is just IF they want to drive right?

my missus is on, has been throughout my type r ownership and she brings my policy down quite a fair whack and at the time she lived at a different address. when it comes to insurance quotes, just try it, what works for some companies others might not see it that way.

just got my renewal through. I am a year older and have 1 years extra no claim.

My insurance quote is pretty much double at £1197. I swiftly called up my insurance company whom i have been with for about six years and told them unless they can drastically drop their quote they can do one!

My insurance quote is pretty much double at £1197. I swiftly called up my insurance company whom i have been with for about six years and told them unless they can drastically drop their quote they can do one!

what did they say? i am suprised that it that expensive given that you have 6 years NCB. just add your mother on there!!

21 4 years ncb protected - ctr gt- 1050 with direct line (Cant do any mods though and admiral wanted an extra 350 quid for me to be a part time student !)

Years ago I had a Pug 405 Mi16 and by paying £350 to get a cat 1 alarm fitted I reduced my bill with AA Insurance by £100. 6 months later at renewal it had nearly doubled to £1200. When I phoned to ask why, they said I had modified the car by fitting the alarm! When I told them it reduced my previous bill by £100 she said "really?, didn't we give you any alternative quotes?". To which I said "no, don't bother I've already changed my insurance company!!"

(It was at this point I left the AA all together and 3 months later they became a public company and I lost out on about £400 :( )

Back