• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

IPS K2's and ITB's make poor figures?...Please comment Ron

You know you datalog using Kmanager software that you got for free from guy or you can download from www.hondata.com. Plug a laptop in with kmanager into the ECU and datalog to your hearts content.

HASNIC said:
You know you datalog using Kmanager software that you got for free from guy or you can download from www.hondata.com. Plug a laptop in with kmanager into the ECU and datalog to your hearts content.

I never requested it as I wasn't really looking for any info, just leave that to Guy :wink:

The Keiser said:
HASNIC said:

I never requested it as I wasn't really looking for any info, just leave that to Guy :wink:

It is worth having it installed so you can datalog, you won't need any other data logging equipement then, just a free piece of software and a USB cable.

HASNIC said:
The Keiser said:
HASNIC said:

It is worth having it installed so you can datalog, you won't need any other data logging equipement then, just a free piece of software and a USB cable.

I'll see what happens.

I off to get the LSD & Clutch side of things sorted for grip becaise at teh moment I'm suffering on that side with the Potenzas as well. Hell knows why Honda feel they are a good tyre :roll: they are atrocious, but I'll leave that for another debate

Just out of interest where are you based? If not to far why not pop along to the Essex meet, it will be a good chance to swap info :)

G said:
Just out of interest where are you based? If not to far why not pop along to the Essex meet, it will be a good chance to swap info :)

I think he is based in Scotland G. :lol:

Scousefella said:
G said:

well if he ain't gonna make the effort ;) :)

Just wondered as he used CPL so thought he may have been in the area lol.

G said:

I'm way up in Scotland mate :D

Although, I will be down at some of the main meets :wink:

Cool :) Looking forward to it.

Here's something for you............

The car is so driveable my Finacee can drive it without stalling it :D :wink:

So there you have it, it's very driveable :twisted:

G said:
Scousefella said:
G said:

well if he ain't gonna make the effort ;) :)

Just wondered as he used CPL so thought he may have been in the area lol.

I'll make the effort when the bigger events come up :wink:

The Keiser said:

Dude, if I said that to my wife I'd get shot, or have 4 Toyo T1's tyreprints up my back :shock:

G said:
The Keiser said:

Dude, if I said that to my wife I'd get shot, or have 4 Toyo T1's tyreprints up my back :shock:

:D :D

She knows it's true :D :smt023

She knows I still love her :smt055 :smt054 :smt060 :smt060

This isn't meant to be a argumentative post but after a bit of reading on CRSX and other forums it seems the IPS Kme cams are designed for ITB use where as the K2's are not so i was wondering purely on a techy note why K2's were used over Kme cams, was it to maintain a driveability aspect or for another technical reason?

we've moved beyond itbs now with a new ips intake mani which produces more power- imo cold air is always preferable

alanb said:
we've moved beyond itbs now with a new ips intake mani which produces more power- imo cold air is always preferable

Isn't the problem with the IPS intake manifold that it won't fit in the EP3 engine bay without getting happy with an angle grinder to the front portion of the bay?

The KME's are designed for race use and high 10k rpm engines. Therefore, on my stock internals this wouldn't be applicable.

We may go this route later :wink:

The Keiser said:
The KME's are designed for race use and high 10k rpm engines. Therefore, on my stock internals this wouldn't be applicable.

But yours is already revving to 9200 on stock internals. :wink:
K2 safe rated speed is 8500 according to IPS.

tp said:
The Keiser said:

But yours is already revving to 9200 on stock internals. :wink:
K2 safe rated speed is 8500 according to IPS.

Limited to 9k and I spoke with Guy & agreed that level. I will use the rev's on one off occasions until I put stroker in :wink:

At the end of the day, Guy works very closely with IPS so knows the product better than any of us 8)

I found this most interesting

Nossy said:
Well, the results were disappointing, I'll let the graphs speak for themselves.

Green line: Baseline - DC CAI, DCRH, Exhaust, Stock PRB Manifold, K-pro (not tuned on my car but tuned on another car with the exact mods)

Red Line: After K2s - IPS K2 Camshafts, Eibach EVS w/ Ti Retainers, DC CAI, DCRH, Exhaust, Stock PRB Manifold, K-pro (tuned by Thomas at church automotive)

Blue Line (was originally printed in yellow, but you couldn't see it, so I traced over it with a blue pen): After ITBS - IPS K2 Camshafts, Eibach EVS w/ Ti Retainers, Hayward 48mm ITB's, DCRH, Exhaust, K-pro (tuned by Doug Macmillan of Hondata on the same dyno)

dyno1.JPG

dyno2.JPG

The dynos were all performed on different days, but on the same machine. In conclusion, the 48mm ITB's made LESS power than the STOCK PRB manifold. If the original had been made with the PRC manifold, the power difference would have been even greater.

Doug believes the 48mm throttle bodies are simply too small for the application. As far as I know, this is 1 of only 2 sets of 48mm Hayward K20 ITBs in existence.

I am working with Lance Hayward (who is AWESOME by the way) on getting the setup "upgraded" to 52mm throttle bodies, those results should be up within the next month or so.

In conclusion, I would not recommend anyone go with anything less than 52mm for these motors.

I reckon he'll easily see another 15bhp with 52mm TB's which begs the question.... why so different on this side of the channel? :?:

Back