• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Always makes me laugh when people brag about engines in cars but a little 2 litre Honda engine can keep up and even beat them. :eek:

I kept up with an Astra VXR not so long ago....then again I couldn't catch a Corsa VXR up a hill. Swings and roundabouts lol.

I kept up with an Astra VXR not so long ago....then again I couldn't catch a Corsa VXR up a hill. Swings and roundabouts lol.

Same with most cars i think, if the powers about the same there wont be much difference. Its just the german lovers will pay an extra £3k on top just for a badge :p

If you want it sound beefier Tone, the K&N i have fitted on the Fez has added a nice little growl to the exhaust, cheap as chips too. ;)

If you want it sound beefier Tone, the K&N i have fitted on the Fez has added a nice little growl to the exhaust, cheap as chips too. ;)

It's the exhaust note I want to change, not the induction noise. The in line 5 gives a nice growl. Difficult to describe. Not as rumbly as a flat 6, but certainly sounds beefier than a 4 cylinder.

Sounds like the old Audi Quattro Rally cars.

5Cyl Turbo. New TT RS uses it too.

Sound awesome. Warble

It's the exhaust note I want to change, not the induction noise. The in line 5 gives a nice growl. Difficult to describe. Not as rumbly as a flat 6, but certainly sounds beefier than a 4 cylinder.

Gotya!! Miltek it is then mate :lol:

Going to sell the Fucus. Can't justify the amount of fuel it drinks for what I use it for now.

Going for refinement next with a bit of poke and good mpg...

So, what next?

I'm guessing a hitler mobile

Yarp

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

That was on the short list. Was looking at the new Xf's. really like the look of them.

Think I'm going to go for a Merc C class C250 CDI AMG sport. The facelift model has had a lot of things refined (especially the interior). Had a look around one on Sat and the cabin is a lovely place to be (not hugely different to the C63 AMG cabin, except seats and a bit of upholstery).

The C250 is about 200bhp so it still has a bit of poke but it returns high 50's combined MPG. Best of both worlds. Admittedly it's a derv, but the new blue efficiency engines are cracking.

Much prefer them to the current 3 series/A4 offerings

new_image_1.jpg

I am going to need something for the interim though, so I'll sell the fucus and get a sub 1k run around for a couple of months.

That actually looks really nice.

Did you get any cabin pictures of the one you looked at?

The one I looked at was in the showroom. I was chatting to the salesman, so I didn't get change to take any photographs.

Here's a library photo.

Mercedes-Benz-C-Class_Estate_2012_800x600_wallpaper_61.jpg

A you'd expect from a newer car, the dials utilise LCD displays that can show you a multitude of different displays and stats. Being a German saloon, there are lots of expensive extras I probably won't go for, however I was surprised at just how much is included as standard. The sat nav can be retro fitted easily as well, which is a nice option.

I'll be going for the auto too as the manual box isn't meant to be upto much scratch. Plus is has a handbrake pedal instead of a lever, so things would be getting a bit busy down by the feet if you threw another pedal into the equation :lol:.

Thats the same as I have, except I have the C180 Petrol.

The Auto box is a dream, the facelift also benefits from the 7 speed box. Its not a DSG style but still very good.

There was another refresh in June 2012, the white pic you posted in the newer model you can tell from the wheels. The interior shot is the older facelift, as the displays are now more grey than yellow if that makes sense.

Get ready for being reamed for the service costs though!!

Basic service is now £270!
2nd Service is £390 + £60 for brake fluid change.

Or you can pay £27 a month and everything is covered.

There was another refresh in June 2012, the white pic you posted in the newer model you can tell from the wheels. The interior shot is the older facelift, as the displays are now more grey than yellow if that makes sense.

Get ready for being reamed for the service costs though!!

Basic service is now £270!
2nd Service is £390 + £60 for brake fluid change.

Or you can pay £27 a month and everything is covered.

Cheers for the info.

I thought the interior cabin shot was slightly different. Just trying to find a left hooker pic to show the overall layout.

I'm glad they changed the colour of the display though. Not overly keen on the yellow. Looks a little out of place.

Cheers for the info.

I thought the interior cabin shot was slightly different. Just trying to find a left hooker pic to show the overall layout.

I'm glad they changed the colour of the display though. Not overly keen on the yellow. Looks a little out of place.

The new AMG Sport+ has the better Alcantra seats and interior, red seat belts and stitching etc.
But I prefer the alloys on my older Sport
P1000868-2.jpg

Don't dismiss buying new with Mercedes depending what offers they have.
Mine worked out cheaper to buy new than 12 months old. For example MB UK offered a £5k discount for taking out finance. I only took £3k on finance and paid it off 6 months later.

Back